NOTES: The buildings included in the first stage of development of the airport, completed in 1958, were the terminal building, operations blocks, centre pier and control tower. The second stage of development, completed in 1965, included the addition of the north and south piers and the replanning and rebuilding internally of the terminal buildings.
NOTES: Peterlee New Town in County Durham was founded in 1948 and the Peterlee Development Corporation, established that year under the direction of A V Williams, was responsible for its development over several decades. Victor Pasmore was head of the design team for landscaping while A T W Marsden was the chief architect and planner for this phase of the development.
Runcorn Development Corporation Architects Department
NOTES: Runcorn New Town was designated on 10 April 1964, with the aim of providing housing and jobs for the people of North Merseyside and Liverpool in particular. The Runcorn Development Corporation (RDC) was formally appointed on 30 April 1964 and the draft Master Plan for the New Town was prepared by Arthur Ling and Associates and approved in 1968. The RDC operated until 1981 when it was dissolved and its functions, property, rights and liabilities were transferred to Warrington Development Corporation which was renamed Warrington and Runcorn Development Corporation.