Nottinghamshire County Council. Architects' Department
NOTES: Built in 1939, the old school was single-storey of brick construction, typical of school construction in the inter-war period. The new main teaching acomodation was three-storey of CLASP mark IV construction. The recess courtyard was designed to also be used as an open-air theatre.
NOTES: The Alton Estate is situated between Putney Heath and Richmond Park in south-west London. The smaller south-east part, Alton East, was built in 1952-1955, while the much larger north-west part, Alton West, was built in 1955-1959.