Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Parks

View as Grid List
Sort by

Balcony Bridge, Central Park, New York

RIBA13663
Vaux, Calvert (1824-1895)
NOTES: A competition for the design of Central Park was held in 1858 as a consequence of Calvert Vaux's campaign against the plan previously adopted. The winning plan submitted by Calvert and Frederick Law Olmsted took almost twenty years to complete. Vaux was responsible for the architecture and designed most of the 46 bridges built in the park.

Bow Bridge, Central Park, New York

RIBA13664
Vaux, Calvert (1824-1895)
NOTES: A competition for the design of Central Park was held in 1858 as a consequence of Calvert Vaux's campaign against the plan previously adopted. The winning plan submitted by Calvert and Frederick Law Olmsted took almost twenty years to complete. Vaux was responsible for the architecture and designed most of the 46 bridges built in the park.

Seventh Regiment Monument, Central Park, New York

RIBA13777
Hunt, Richard Morris (1827-1895)

Temple Bar, Theobalds Park, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire

RIBA14198
Wren, Sir Christopher (1632-1723)
NOTES: The Temple Bar, the only surviving gateway to the City of London, was moved from its original site in Fleet Street in 1878. It was re-erected in Theobalds Park in 1888, forming a grand entrance to the country estate. Its reconstruction at Paternoster Square next to St Paul's Cathedral was completed in November 2004.

Chatsworth House, Derbyshire: the west front

RIBA14795
Archer, Thomas (1668-1743)
NOTES: William Talman was the architect for the south and east fronts, completed in 1689. The First Duke of Devonshire had the west front rebuilt in 1699-1702. It is not known who designed it but it is probably based on a design by Thomas Archer. The north front, with its bow front, was designed by Thomas Archer. The new Chatsworth was finished just before the Duke died in 1707.

Serpentine Restaurant, Hyde Park, London: the plant-house bar with the snack bar underneath, seen from the south

RIBA15353
Gwynne, Patrick (1913-2003)
NOTES: This building overlooking the Serpentine Lake was demolished in 1990.

Buckingham House, St James's Park, London

RIBA15484
Chambers, Sir William (1723-1796)
SOURCE: R. Ackermann. The Microcosm of London (London, 1835), vol. III, pl. 65 NOTES: Originally known as Buckingham House, this large townhouse was built for John Sheffield, 1st Duke of Buckingham and Normanby, in 1703. It was acquired by King George III in 1762 as a private residence for his wife Queen Charlotte, thereafter known as "The Queen's House". Alterations and additions to the house were carried out by Sir William Chambers between 1762 and 1774. It was further enlarged after 1819 by John Nash and Edward Blore. Buckingham Palace finally became the official royal residence of the British monarch on the accession of Queen Victoria in 1837.

Park Guell, Barcelona: the hypostyle hall

RIBA15919
Gaudi, Antoni (1852-1926)
Close
)
CLOSE