Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Parks

View as Grid List
Sort by

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: boys in front of a Victorian drinking fountain

RIBA110336
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: boys in front of a Victorian drinking fountain

RIBA110337
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the main entrance

RIBA110348
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the children's slide

RIBA110349
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the children's slide

RIBA110350
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the park

RIBA110361
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the park with the old public library on the right

RIBA110364
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Phoenix Park, Dublin: preparation for the visit of Pope John-Paul II in 1979, showing the scaffold under construction

RIBA114489
Scott Tallon Walker Architects
NOTES: The architects were commissioned to design and construct a suitable setting for the papal visit to Dublin in 1979. A giant cross was erected with a canopied altar in front, above a scaffold podium covered with grey carpet to resemble a giant ziggurat.

Phoenix Park, Dublin: preparation for the visit of Pope John-Paul II in 1979

RIBA114490
Scott Tallon Walker Architects
NOTES: The architects were commissioned to design and construct a suitable setting for the papal visit to Dublin in 1979. A giant cross was erected with a canopied altar in front, above a scaffold podium covered with grey carpet to resemble a giant ziggurat.

Phoenix Park, Dublin: preparation for the visit of Pope John-Paul II in 1979, showing the canopy below the cross under construction

RIBA114491
Scott Tallon Walker Architects
NOTES: The architects were commissioned to design and construct a suitable setting for the papal visit to Dublin in 1979. A giant cross was erected with a canopied altar in front, above a scaffold podium covered with grey carpet to resemble a giant ziggurat.
)
CLOSE