Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Parks

View as Grid List
Sort by

Deepdene, Dorking, Surrey: view of a corner of the house, possibly the Temple attached to the north-west corner of the Amphitheatre of the Arts

RIBA96363
Atkinson, William (ca. 1773-1839)
SOURCE: John Britton. Historical and descriptive account of the Deepdene, Dorking Surrey (1825-1826), page in volume with manuscript and drawings NOTES: William Atkinson remodelled Deepdene for Thomas Hope in 1818 and 1823. The house was further extended and remodelled in an Italianate syle in the 1840s.

Design for a memorial fountain in Locke Park, Barnsley, South Yorkshire: plan and elevation

RIBA99117
Spiers, Richard Phene (1838-1916)
NOTES: The original part of Locke Park was donated to the people of Barnsley by Phoebe Locke, the widow of railway engineer Joseph Locke, in 1862 and known as the People's Park. Following Mrs Locke's death in 1866, her sister Sarah McCreery donated more adjoining land in 1874. The enlarged park, now called Locke Park, included Locke Park Tower (in memory of Phoebe Locke) and the fountain depicted in this drawing, which was dedicated by the working men of Barnsley to Miss McCreery - both designed by Spiers and opened in 1877. This drawing was exhibited at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, in 1898 ('Memorial fountain, Locke Park, Barnsley' no. 1799).

ILA (Institute of Landscape Architects) final examination design for a park

RIBA99386
Albery, Jessica Mary (1908-1991)
NOTES: Albery studied for the membership examination of the Institute of Landscape Architects.

Flamingo Park, Rio de Janeiro, looking down on the Carmen Miranda Musuem

RIBA108679
Reidy, Affonso Eduardo (1909-1964)
NOTES: The Carmen Miranda Museum was created in 1956, but not inaugurated until 1976. Initially it was a leisure centre designed by Affonso Eduardo Reidy, but was adapted for musuem use in 1975 by the architect Ulysses Petronio Burlamaqui.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the surrounding landscape

RIBA110329
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the park

RIBA110331
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the park

RIBA110332
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.

Elswick Leisure Park, Elswick Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the park

RIBA110333
Napper Collerton Partnership
NOTES: Elswick Park was orignally the grounds of the Georgian Elswick Hall. Donated to the city in 1881 it served the recreational needs of west Newcastle up till the late 1970s when owing to the deterioration of the area, the City embarked on a regeneration programme. This included the demolition of the old Elslwick Hall with the provision of a new swimming pool on the site and the building of a new pavilion to serve outdoor sporting activities in the park and to act as a community centre for the neighbourhood.
)
CLOSE