NOTES: This building was awarded the RIBA Bronze Medal London Architecture for 1958. The Columbian pine has had wooden battens added from a height of 3ft upwards between the existing slats to iimprove sound insulation.
NOTES: The walls are lined in pale buff leather in a series of squares and Indian laurel wood has been used for the joinery in doors, architraves and skirtings. The table is the original Council Room table from No. 9 Conduit Street, the previous RIBA headquarters.
NOTES: 138 Piccadilly was originally built in 1757-1758 by Matthew Brettingham and was later remodelled by R. S. Wornum in the late 19th century. The new headquarters for the British Rayon and Synthetic Fibres Federation was designed by R. D. Russell to provide office and exhibition space for the Federation. The fireplace is set in a surround of Belgian marble, the walls are faced with black bean and the carpet designed by Marian Pepler. The leaf painting above the fireplace is by Mrs Dosia Craig.