Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.


View as Grid List
Sort by

Design for an organ case, Burton-upon-Trent

Wyatt, James (1746-1813)

Royal Festival Hall, South Bank, London: close-up of the stage with the organ exposed

Downes, Ralph William (1904-1993)
NOTES: Ralph Downes built the organ and Leslie Martin was responsible for the decorative arrangement of pipes at the front. Its installation was not completed until 1955.

Monkhams, Woodford, London: the entrance hall

This is a cyanotype print.

Majestic cinema, High Street, Star Hill, Rochester, Kent: the organ grille

Kenyon, Arthur William (1885-1969)
NOTES: Opened in 1935 as the Majestic by a Gaumont-associated company, this cinema was designed by Harry Weston and Arthur Kenyon while Eugene Mollo and Michael Egan were responsible for the interiors. It was renamed Gaumont in 1950 and Odeon in 1962. It closed in 1981 and was demolished in 1987 to make way for a residential development.

Court cinema, Berkhamsted: the auditorium seen from the circle

Howis & Belcham
NOTES: Eugene Mollo and Michael Egan were responsible for the interior decoration of this cinema.

Abbey church of St Florian near Linz: the organ gallery and the Bruckner Organ

Carlone, Carlo Antonio (1677-1708)
NOTES: The original Augustinian abbey, founded in 1071, was rebuilt in Baroque style in 1686-1751. The Bruckner Organ, the larger of the two in the church, was built in 1771 by the Slovenian organ builder Fran Xaver Kristmann.

King's College Chapel, Cambridge: the fan vaulting of the nave

Clerk, Simon (1434?-1489)
NOTES: The Chapel was designed by Ely, Clerk, Prentice and Wastell in Perpendicular style between 1446 and 1515.

Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford: the organ

Jackson, Sir Thomas Graham (1835-1924)
NOTES: The organ casing was designed by Sir T.G. Jackson in 1876.

St James Piccadilly, London: the nave seen looking towards the organ gallery

Gibbons, Grinling (1648-1721)
NOTES: The carving at the top of the organ case is by Grinling Gibbons. The organ by Renatus Harris, came from James II's Catholic chapel in Whitehall Palace and was given to the church by Mary II in 1691.