Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Organs

View as Grid List
Sort by

Design for an organ case in a village church

RIBA53285
Spooner, Charles (1862-1938)
NOTES: This image is from a volume of drawings (entitled Vol I) by various designers produced for or presented to the Quarto Imperial Club, London, between 1889 and 1891.

Design for an organ case on the choir screen, Manchester Cathedral: east elevation

RIBA53492
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: The loft and west part of the screen were removed in 1864 and re-erected around 1872 with the addition of Scott's organ case. Following damage in World War II the organ case was removed.

Design for an organ case on the choir screen, Manchester Cathedral: south elevation including transverse section through the screen

RIBA53493
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: The loft and west part of the screen were removed in 1864 and re-erected around 1872 with the addition of Scott's organ case. Following damage in World War II the organ case was removed.

Memorial Chapel, Charterhouse School, Godalming, Surrey: the organ

RIBA54776
Scott, Sir Giles Gilbert (1880-1960)

Odeon cinema, 276 Upper Street, Islington, London: the auditorium seen from the front of circle left

RIBA59570
Gray & Webb
NOTES: Originally built in 1859-1860 as a vestry hall for the Parish of St. Mary, Islington, this building was converted by Gray & Webb and opened as the Lido cinema in 1928. It was taken over by Odeon in 1935 and renamed as such in c.1936. It closed in 1961 and was demolished to make way for a petrol station.

Rex cinema, Corporation Street, Coventry: close-up of the orchestra rail

RIBA59582
Cromie, Robert (1887-1971)
NOTES: Built for and operated by the local independent Philpot Circuit, this cinema opened in 1937 only to be totally destroyed by German bombing on 2nd November 1940.

Odeon cinema, Leicester Square, London: the completed auditorium seen from circle right

RIBA59659
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Built on the site of the Moorish-style Alhambra Theatre, demolished in 1936, this was the London flagship cinema of the Odeon group, opening on 2nd November 1937.

St Michael's Church, Sunnyside, Pretoria

RIBA60051
Baker, Sir Herbert (1862-1946)

Plas Wernfawr, Harlech: the music room

RIBA60216
Walton, George (1867-1933)

Plas Wernfawr, Harlech: the organ in the music room

RIBA60217
Walton, George (1867-1933)

Lubeck Cathedral: a candelabra

RIBA60876
NOTES: Construction on the cathedral began in Romanesque style in 1173 and was completed by 1230. It was converted into Gothic style between 1266 and 1335. It was severely damaged during the Allied bombing raid on 28-29 March 1942 in which a fifth of the city was destroyed. Nevertheless, many of the internal fittings were saved. Reconstruction of the cathedral after the war took several decades and work was completed only in 1982.
)
CLOSE