Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Organs

View as Grid List
Sort by

Church of the Good Shepherd, Thackeray's Lane, Woodthorpe, Nottingham: the northern part of the nave

RIBA74959
Goalen, Gerard
NOTES: This is one of the first churches built to include provision for the liturgical changes of Vatican II.

Royal Festival Hall, South Bank, London: the organ in the main auditorium

RIBA76282
Downes, Ralph William (1904-1993)
NOTES: Ralph Downes built the organ and Leslie Martin was responsible for the decorative arrangement of pipes at the front. Its installation was not completed until 1955.

Arts and Crafts Exhibition, London 1893: piano in an oak case

RIBA80396
Cave, Walter Frederick (1863-1939)
SOURCE: The Studio, vol. 2, 1893 Oct., p. 18

Hallgrimskirkja, Skolavorduholt, Reykjavik: the organ

RIBA80728
Bjarnason, Horour
NOTES: This church was commissioned in 1937 but not begun until after Samuelsson's death. It was completed over the following 36 years by Horour Bjarnason and Garoar Halldorsson. The structure is in concrete, designed to resemble columnar basalt formations.

Hallgrimskirkja, Skolavorduholt, Reykjavik: the organ

RIBA80729
Bjarnason, Horour
NOTES: This church was commissioned in 1937 but not begun until after Samuelsson's death. It was completed over the following 36 years by Horour Bjarnason and Garoar Halldorsson. The structure is in concrete, designed to resemble columnar basalt formations.

St Mary Redcliffe, Bristol: the interior looking south-east showing the new organ screen

RIBA83839
NOTES: In 1727 an organ gallery was added by John Strahan in the form of a triumphal arch. In 1841 the Art Journal advertises the publication of this print and celebrates the erection of the new, and more appropriately designed, organ screen.

Designs for Cally House (now the Cally Palace Hotel), Gatehouse of Fleet, Dumfries & Galloway, for Alexander Murray: half-elevation of the organ case

RIBA84553
Papworth, John Buonarotti (1775-1847)
NOTES: The house was built in 1765 for James Murray of Broughton to designs by Robert Mylne, with flanking wings added in 1795 by Thomas Boyd. In the 1830s Alexander Murray commissioned Papworth to design exterior alterations and remodel the interior.

Hampstead School, Westbere Road, London: a room laid out for examinations in one of the older blocks

RIBA88900
NOTES: This school building by Stillman Eastwick Field was an addition to earlier school buildings on the site, which are dated 1902, 1910 and 1930 respectively. The earlier buildings were part of Haberdasher Aske Boy's School which moved to Aldenham in Hertfordshire in 1961. The new building was a comprehensive designed for 1,135 pupils, commissioned by the newly formed ILEA.
Close
)
CLOSE