NOTES: Opened in 1935 as the Majestic by a Gaumont-associated company, this cinema was designed by Harry Weston and Arthur Kenyon while Eugene Mollo and Michael Egan were responsible for the interiors. It was renamed Gaumont in 1950 and Odeon in 1962. It closed in 1981 and was demolished in 1987 to make way for a residential development.
NOTES: The original Augustinian abbey, founded in 1071, was rebuilt in Baroque style in 1686-1751. The Bruckner Organ, the larger of the two in the church, was built in 1771 by the Slovenian organ builder Fran Xaver Kristmann.
NOTES: The carving at the top of the organ case is by Grinling Gibbons. The organ by Renatus Harris, came from James II's Catholic chapel in Whitehall Palace and was given to the church by Mary II in 1691.