Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Office buildings

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Pancras Hotel and Chambers, Euston Road, London

RIBA2899-26
Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-1878)
NOTES: St Pancras Station opened in 1868 while the hotel, also known as the Midland Grand Hotel, opened in 1874. The latter was built for the eponymous railway company to receive travellers through the adjacent St Pancras Station. It was converted into offices in 1935.

Number One Poultry, City of London: the 'prow' seen from Bank

RIBA2914-27
James Stirling Michael Wilford & Associates

Bride of Denmark, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, London

RIBA2922-27
NOTES: The Bride of Denmark was created in 1947 in the basement of the offices of the Architectural Press (publishers of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review) from salvaged elements of pubs damaged during the war or rejected by brewery owners.

Marina City, North State Street, Chicago

RIBA2982-30
Goldberg, Bertrand (1913-1997)

Economist Building, 25 St James's Street, London

RIBA3008-32
Alison & Peter Smithson

Carreras cigarette factory, Mornington Crescent, Camden, London: the main entrance after restoration

RIBA3056-35
Finch Forman
NOTES: Designed in 1928 by Arthur George Porri, and embellished by Marcus and Owen Collins, the Carreras cigarette factory, was nicknamed the Black Cat factory, because of the two large bronze cats which flanked the entrance. In the 1960s these were removed and shipped to Carreras factories elsewhere and the neo-Egyptian decoration stripped off. In 1999 Finch Forman were commmissioned to carry out structural repairs and restore the Egyptian facade, with Munkenbeck & Marshall designing a new foyer and access ramp to the front entrance.

Model of St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London

RIBA3061-36
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London, under construction showing steel frame

RIBA3062-36
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

Design for the river front of St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London

RIBA3086
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

Sony Music, Santa Monica, California

RIBA3124-39
Ehrlich, Stephen (1946-)
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE