Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

New towns

View as Grid List
Sort by

Over Minnis, New Ash Green, Kent

RIBA5225
Eric Lyons & Partners
NOTES: This is a Span development.

Sculpture entitled Contrapuntal Forms, Glebelands, Harlow, Essex

RIBA5759
Hepworth, Dame Barbara (1903-1975)
NOTES: These two abstract figures in blue limestone were sculpted in 1950-1951 by Barbara Hepworth for the Festival of Britain, South Bank, London, where it was set outside the Dome of Discovery. It was acquired by the Harlow Arts Trust and resited here in 1953.

Harlow town centre, Essex

RIBA5760
Gibberd, Sir Frederick (1908-1984)
NOTES: Harlow New Town, together with the London orbital developments of Basildon, Stevenage, Hemel Hempstead and Bracknell, was built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London. The masterplan for the town was drawn up by Frederick Gibberd in 1947. It is notable for being the location of the first pedestrian precinct and first residential tower block in Britain.

Mark Hall North, Harlow, Essex

RIBA5761
Gibberd, Sir Frederick (1908-1984)
NOTES: Harlow New Town, together with the London orbital developments of Basildon, Stevenage, Hemel Hempstead and Bracknell, was built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London. The masterplan for the town was drawn up by Frederick Gibberd in 1947. It is notable for being the location of the first pedestrian precinct and first residential tower block in Britain. Mark Hall North was the first of the new neighbourhoods.

Amusement complex, Tama New Town, Tokyo

RIBA9714
Toyo Ito Architect & Associates

Over Minnis, New Ash Green, Kent

RIBA9835
Eric Lyons & Partners
NOTES: This is a Span development.

Over Minnis, New Ash Green, Kent

RIBA9836
Eric Lyons & Partners
NOTES: This is a Span development.

Southgate Housing, Runcorn, Cheshire

RIBA9948
James Stirling Michael Wilford & Associates
NOTES: Runcorn New Town was designated on 10 April 1964, with the aim of providing housing and jobs for the people of North Merseyside and Liverpool in particular. The Runcorn Development Corporation (RDC) was formally appointed on 30 April 1964 and the draft Master Plan for the New Town was prepared by Arthur Ling and Associates and approved in 1968. The RDC operated until 1981 when it was dissolved and its functions, property, rights and liabilities were transferred to Warrington Development Corporation which was renamed Warrington and Runcorn Development Corporation.

Southgate Housing, Runcorn, Cheshire

RIBA9949
James Stirling Michael Wilford & Associates
NOTES: Runcorn New Town was designated on 10 April 1964, with the aim of providing housing and jobs for the people of North Merseyside and Liverpool in particular. The Runcorn Development Corporation (RDC) was formally appointed on 30 April 1964 and the draft Master Plan for the New Town was prepared by Arthur Ling and Associates and approved in 1968. The RDC operated until 1981 when it was dissolved and its functions, property, rights and liabilities were transferred to Warrington Development Corporation which was renamed Warrington and Runcorn Development Corporation.

Harlow Civic Centre, Essex: the Henry Moore sculpture entitled 'The Family'

RIBA10388
Gibberd, Sir Frederick (1908-1984)
NOTES: Harlow New Town, together with the London orbital developments of Basildon, Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead, was built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London. The masterplan for the town was drawn up by Frederick Gibberd in 1947. It is notable for being the location of the first pedestrian precinct in Britain.

Harlow Civic Centre, Essex: the sculpture entitled 'Profile Number 3' by Henry Moore

RIBA10420
Gibberd, Sir Frederick (1908-1984)
NOTES: Harlow New Town, together with the London orbital developments of Basildon, Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead, was built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London. The masterplan for the town was drawn up by Frederick Gibberd in 1947. It is notable for being the location of the first pedestrian precinct and first residential tower block in Britain.The sculpture is by Henry Moore and was completed in 1964.
Close
)
CLOSE