Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

New towns

View as Grid List
Sort by

Over Minnis, Zone 1, New Ash Green, Kent

RIBA4519
Eric Lyons & Partners
NOTES: This is a Span development.

Lambardes, New Ash Green, Kent

RIBA4520
Eric Lyons & Partners
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 8: Housing' in Architectural Review, vol. 148, 1970 Sep. This is a Span development.

Punch Croft, New Ash Green, Kent

RIBA4551
Eric Lyons & Partners
NOTES: This is a Span development.

Village Centre, New Ash Green, Kent

RIBA4552
Eric Lyons & Partners
NOTES: This is a Span development. As built the centre comprised 35 shops, a restaurant, six flats, seven studio workshops and 13 garages.

Show house, New Ash Green, Kent: the kitchen and the dining room

RIBA4553
Eric Lyons & Partners
NOTES: This is a Span development.

B-type housing, New Ash Green, Kent, under construction

RIBA4556
Barton Willmore & Partners
NOTES: This is a Span development.

Modular terraced housing, Netherfield, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA4621
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). The choice of prefabricated construction materials for this development was partly a consequence of a shortage of bricks in the UK at the time.

Housing at Calverton End, Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA4702
Frost Nicholls
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).

Town centre, Cumbernauld New Town

RIBA4901
Cumbernauld Development Corporation
NOTES: Created as a population overspill for Glasgow City, Cumbernauld was designated a new town in 1955. Leslie Hugh Wilson was the first Chief Architect to the Cumbernauld Development Corporation (CDC) which oversaw the development, promotion and management of the New Town until 1996. He was succeeded in 1962 by Dudley Roberts Leaker.

Town centre, Cumbernauld New Town: the approach from the south

RIBA4902
Copcutt, Geoffrey
NOTES: Created as a population overspill for Glasgow City, Cumbernauld was designated a new town in 1955. Leslie Hugh Wilson was the first Chief Architect to the Cumbernauld Development Corporation (CDC) which oversaw the development, promotion and management of the New Town until 1996. He was succeeded in 1962 by Dudley Roberts Leaker.
Close
)
CLOSE