Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Murals

View as Grid List
Sort by

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Chapel of the Holy Cross

RIBA158079
Lewerentz, Sigurd (1885-1975)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund 1935-1940. See RIBA132312 for a black and white version of this image.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Chapel of the Holy Cross

RIBA158080
Lewerentz, Sigurd (1885-1975)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund 1935-1940. See RIBA132313 for a black and white version of this image.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Chapel of the Holy Cross

RIBA158081
Lewerentz, Sigurd (1885-1975)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of the Holy Cross is by Asplund 1935-1940. See RIBA132315 for a black and white version of this image.

Tower House, Melbury Road, Kensington, London: detail of the wall painting by the Roman de la Rose chimneypiece in the drawing room

RIBA158653
Burges, William (1827-1881)
NOTES: See RIBA149197 for a black and white version of this image.

Tower House, Melbury Road, Kensington, London: detail of the wall painting by the Roman de la Rose chimneypiece in the drawing room

RIBA158654
Burges, William (1827-1881)
NOTES: See RIBA149198 for a black and white version of this image.

Unidentified interior with a large mural and statue, Havana

RIBA158720
NOTES: See RIBA146333 for a black and white version of this image.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: the chapel looking west from the altar

RIBA158771
Flitcroft, Henry (1697-1769)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane. The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. See RIBA130704 for a black and white version of this image.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: detail of painted urn in trompe l'oeil in the chapel

RIBA158772
Flitcroft, Henry (1697-1769)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane. The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. See RIBA130707 for a black and white version of this image.

Bolsover Castle, Bolsover, Derbyshire: detail of ceiling in the Heaven Closet showing the ascension of Christ into heaven

RIBA158815
Smythson, Huntingdon (d. 1648)
NOTES: Bolsover Castle was built on the foundations of a medieval keep by Charles Cavendish, son of Bess of Hardwick. In 1612 he began building, employing John Smythson, son of Robert Smythson, who designed the Little Castle (completed in 1617), the centrepiece of the castle complex. Charles died in 1617 and the work was continued by his son William from 1620, who built the Terrace Range between 1627-1634. The castle was damaged during the civil war and afterwards the the Riding House range was constructed (1660-1670) and the Terrace Range repaired and remodelled. In subsequent centuries the castle fell into disrepair and was partially dismantled. It came into public ownership in 1946 and the buildings repaired. The most complete survival though, is the Little Castle with its series of grand, 17th century domestic interiors. See RIBA148040 for a black and white version of this image.

Bolsover Castle, Bolsover, Derbyshire: detail of ceiling painting depicting the company of Olympus in the Elysium Closet

RIBA158817
Smythson, Huntingdon (d. 1648)
NOTES: Bolsover Castle was built on the foundations of a medieval keep by Charles Cavendish, son of Bess of Hardwick. In 1612 he began building, employing John Smythson, son of Robert Smythson, who designed the Little Castle (completed in 1617), the centrepiece of the castle complex. Charles died in 1617 and the work was continued by his son William from 1620, who built the Terrace Range between 1627-1634. The castle was damaged during the civil war and afterwards the the Riding House range was constructed (1660-1670) and the Terrace Range repaired and remodelled. In subsequent centuries the castle fell into disrepair and was partially dismantled. It came into public ownership in 1946 and the buildings repaired. The most complete survival though, is the Little Castle with its series of grand, 17th century domestic interiors. See RIBA148042 for a black and white version of this image.

Bundestag (New Parliament), Bonn: the restaurant with murals by Nicola de Maria

RIBA158949
Behnisch, Gunter (1922-2010)
NOTES: The new parliamentary building at Bonn has been designed as a series of glazed pavilions dispersed on sloping terraces stepping down to the Rhine. The complex also incorporates some older structures; a 1930s building by Witte and a 1960s office tower by Egon Eiermann. See RIBA148092 for a black and white version of this image.

Bundestag (New Parliament), Bonn: the restaurant with murals by Nicola de Maria

RIBA158950
Behnisch, Gunter (1922-2010)
NOTES: The new parliamentary building at Bonn has been designed as a series of glazed pavilions dispersed on sloping terraces stepping down to the Rhine. The complex also incorporates some older structures; a 1930s building by Witte and a 1960s office tower by Egon Eiermann. See RIBA148093 for a black and white version of this image.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE