Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Murals

View as Grid List
Sort by

Theatre Royal, Grey Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: foyer leading to the stalls, with painted ceiling and decorative plasterwork

RIBA132822
Green, Benjamin (1813-1858)
NOTES: The original theatre by John and Benjamin Green dates from 1836-1837. It was gutted by fire in 1901 and was given a new interior by Frank Matcham. In 1986 the theatre closed for a major restorating programme, carried out by Renton Howard Wood Levine Levin Partnership, which included the remodelling of the balconies and insertion of a new staircase. It re-opened in 1988. See RIBA132833 for a colour version of this image.

Theatre Royal, Grey Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: foyer leading to the stalls, with painted ceiling and decorative plasterwork

RIBA132833
Green, Benjamin (1813-1858)
NOTES: The original theatre by John and Benjamin Green dates from 1836-1837. It was gutted by fire in 1901 and was given a new interior by Frank Matcham. In 1986 the theatre closed for a major restorating programme, carried out by Renton Howard Wood Levine Levin Partnership, which included the remodelling of the balconies and insertion of a new staircase. It re-opened in 1988. See RIBA132822 for a black and white version of this image.

Theatre Royal, Grey Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the main foyer leading to the stalls looking towards the original grand staircase by Frank Matcham

RIBA132866
Green, Benjamin (1813-1858)
NOTES: The original theatre by John and Benjamin Green dates from 1836-1837. It was gutted by fire in 1901 and was given a new interior by Frank Matcham. In 1986 the theatre closed for a major restorating programme, carried out by Renton Howard Wood Levine Levin Partnership, which included the remodelling of the balconies and insertion of a new staircase. It re-opened in 1988. See RIBA132879 for a colour version of this image.

Theatre Royal, Grey Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne: the main foyer leading to the stalls looking towards the original grand staircase by Frank Matcham

RIBA132879
Green, Benjamin (1813-1858)
NOTES: The original theatre by John and Benjamin Green dates from 1836-1837. It was gutted by fire in 1901 and was given a new interior by Frank Matcham. In 1986 the theatre closed for a major restorating programme, carried out by Renton Howard Wood Levine Levin Partnership, which included the remodelling of the balconies and insertion of a new staircase. It re-opened in 1988. See RIBA132866 for a black and white version of this image.

Lambeth Palace, Lambeth, London: the Chapel showing detail of ceiling painting by Leonard Rosoman

RIBA133331
Seely & Paget
NOTES: Lambeth Palace dates back to the 13th century and has been altered and added to over the centuries. During 1828-1834 it was rebuilt and restored by Edward Blore. During the Second World War, it suffered extensive bomb damage and was subsequently restored by Seely & Paget, including the 13th century chapel seen here, which was restored in 1955. The ceiling paintings seen here, were commissioned in 1988. They are by Leonard Rosoman and illustrate the history of Christianity in England. See RIBA157610 for a colour version of this image.

HMV Factory, Station Road, Hayes, London

RIBA135136
NOTES: The original factory building for EMI, later His Masters' Voice (HMV) was erected in 1908. In the 1930s extensive buildings were added by Wallis Gilbert & Partners.

Lyttelton House, Arkley, Barnet, London: design for the trompe l'oeil wall painting

RIBA135575
Voelcker, John (1927-1972)
NOTES: This house was built for Sir Humphrey Lyttelton, the jazz musician and radio broadcaster, and incorporated a music studio.

Lyttelton House, Arkley, Barnet, London: the trompe l'oeil painting as completed

RIBA135576
Voelcker, John (1927-1972)
NOTES: This house was built for Sir Humphrey Lyttelton, the jazz musician and radio broadcaster, and incorporated a music studio.

St Mary the Virgin, Great Shelford, Cambridgeshire: the nave looking towards the altar

RIBA137492
NOTES: Church of Norman origin, but largely rebuilt 1396-1418. The medieval tower collapsed in 1798 and was rebuilt in 1801 with old materials, but not to the original design. Above the chancel is an early 15th wall painting of the Doom.

St Mary the Virgin, Great Shelford, Cambridgeshire: detail of Doom painting above the chancel arch

RIBA137495
NOTES: Church of Norman origin, but largely rebuilt 1396-1418. The medieval tower collapsed in 1798 and was rebuilt in 1801 with old materials, but not to the original design. The Doom painting seen here dates from the early 15th century.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE