Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Murals

View as Grid List
Sort by

Longman House, Harlow, Essex: the waiting area on the ground floor looking towards the gallery corridor with the aluminium panel by Asiru Olatunde on the right

RIBA123210
Frederick Gibberd & Partners
NOTES: Harlow New Town, together with the London orbital developments of Basildon, Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead, was built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London. The masterplan for the town was drawn up by Frederick Gibberd in 1947. It is notable for being the location of the first pedestrian precinct and first residential tower block in Britain. These are offices for the publisher Longman.

Longman House, Harlow, Essex: the waiting area at ground level with a view out to the enclosed paved court on the left

RIBA123211
Frederick Gibberd & Partners
NOTES: Harlow New Town, together with the London orbital developments of Basildon, Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead, was built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London. The masterplan for the town was drawn up by Frederick Gibberd in 1947. It is notable for being the location of the first pedestrian precinct and first residential tower block in Britain. These are offices for the publisher Longman.

Bank of Ireland headquarters, Lower Baggot Street, Dublin: the directors' dining room on the seventh floor with mural on the left by Alexandra Weichert

RIBA123397
Scott Tallon Walker Architects
NOTES: Built on the site of the former Lincoln & Nolan's car-assembly plant, the original two-block complex was extended by a third building in 1973-1975. The curtain wall of bronze-tinted, sun-resistant glass was manufactured by Smith & Pearson in Dublin.

Oaklands infants school, Barnet, London: the dining room with mural

RIBA130022
Architects Co-Partnership
NOTES: The mural was painted by Fred Millett.

Oaklands infants school, Barnet, London: the assembly hall with its mural

RIBA130023
Architects Co-Partnership
NOTES: The mural was painted by Fred Millett.

Oaklands infants school, Barnet, London: the assembly hall with its mural

RIBA130024
Architects Co-Partnership
NOTES: The mural was painted by Fred Millett.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: the chapel looking east from the family pew

RIBA130687
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane. The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. The chapel is by James Gibbs (1713) and the painted murals by James Thornhill (c. 1721). See RIBA130699 for a colour version of this image.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE