Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Murals

View as Grid List
Sort by

British European Airways (BEA) Booking Office, Dorland Hall, Regent Street, London: the main booking hall with murals by Primrose Harley

RIBA122131
Watson, A. F.
NOTES: The murals on one side show the temperate Mediterranean and tropical climates and on the other large maps depicting routes operated by British European Airways.

British European Airways (BEA) Booking Office, Dorland Hall, Regent Street, London: the main booking hall with murals by Primrose Harley

RIBA122132
Watson, A. F.
NOTES: The murals on one side show the temperate Mediterranean and tropical climates and on the other large maps depicting routes operated by British European Airways.

Associated Electical Industries (AEI), Grosvenor Place, London: the boardroom with mural by Edward Bawden at the far end

RIBA122272
Basil Spence & Partners
NOTES: The ceiling is Indian-red hide and the walls of yellow hide divided into panels by manganese-bronze strips. The table top is black leather with legs of mild steel and the chairs are teak with black leather upholstery and manganese-bronze fittings.

Associated Electical Industries (AEI), Grosvenor Place, London: the boardroom with mural by Edward Bawden at the far end

RIBA122273
Basil Spence & Partners
NOTES: The ceiling is Indian-red hide and the walls of yellow hide divided into panels by manganese-bronze strips. The table top is black leather with legs of mild steel and the chairs are teak with black leather upholstery and manganese-bronze fittings.

Offices for Sogenique (Service) Ltd., Newport Pagnall: the entrance hall from behind the reception desk with mural by Henry and Joyce Collins

RIBA122792
Bowyer, Gordon (1923-)
NOTES: This was built to house the administrative staff of a servicing works for precision machines made by Societe Genevoise Limited. The mural by Henry and Joyce Collins incorporates some of the machiness serviced by the clients and is painted in varying tones of grey with small areas of intense blue.

Offices for Loewy Engineering Co. Ltd., Poole: the east elevation with mural

RIBA122868
Farmer & Dark
NOTES: The mural by students from the Bournemouth School of Art is composed of pebbles from Chesil Beach and aluminium sections of types produced by the extrusion presses in the building. The work was done in situ, the pebbles being set in screeding as work progressed,

Offices for Loewy Engineering Co. Ltd., Poole: the mural on the east elevation

RIBA122869
Farmer & Dark
NOTES: The mural by students from the Bournemouth School of Art is composed of pebbles from Chesil Beach and aluminium sections of types produced by the extrusion presses in the building. The work was done in situ, the pebbles being set in screeding as work progressed,

Offices for Loewy Engineering Co. Ltd., Poole: detail of the mural on the east elevation

RIBA122870
Farmer & Dark
NOTES: The mural by students from the Bournemouth School of Art is composed of pebbles from Chesil Beach and aluminium sections of types produced by the extrusion presses in the building. The work was done in situ, the pebbles being set in screeding as work progressed,

Oaklands infants school, Barnet, London: the assembly hall with its mural

RIBA130024
Architects Co-Partnership
NOTES: The mural was painted by Fred Millett.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: the chapel looking east from the family pew

RIBA130687
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane. The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. The chapel is by James Gibbs (1713) and the painted murals by James Thornhill (c. 1721). See RIBA130699 for a colour version of this image.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: the chapel looking east from the family pew

RIBA130699
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Betwen 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. The chapel is by James Gibbs (1713) and the painted murals by James Thornhill (c. 1721). See RIBA130687 for a black and white version of this image.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: the chapel looking west from the altar

RIBA130704
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. From 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. The chapel is by James Gibbs (1713) and the painted murals by James Thornhill (c. 1721).
Categories
)
CLOSE