Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Mosaics

View as Grid List
Sort by

Designs for the Chapel of St Andrew and the Saints of Scotland, Westminster Cathedral, London: design for mosaics for the spandrel of the north wall

RIBA126849
Schultz, Robert Weir (1860-1951)
NOTES: The chapel was commissioned by the 3rd Marquess of Bute, but after his death in 1900 work on its decoration continued under the patronage of his son, the 4th Marquess.

Drawing of Cosmati work ornament on a pulpit, San Lorenzo fuori le Mura, Rome

RIBA127356
NOTES: This drawing is from an album of measured and topographical drawings of buildings in Germany, Italy, Greece and Egypt entitled 'Architectural Sketches' made by George Vulliamy on his travels.

Complesso di Santo Stefano, Bologna: detail of patterned brick floor of San Sepolcro

RIBA136093
NOTES: This is the monastic complex of Santo Stefano, an ancient group of buildings mentioned as early as 887 and dedicated as a whole to St Stephen the Marytr. It encompasses three churches; Santi Vitale e Agricola, the oldest ecclesiastical building in the city, San Sepolcro and the Chiesa del Crocifisso (Church of the Crucifix), 11th and 12th centuries respectively.

Complesso di Santo Stefano, Bologna: detail of the decorative brickwork of the facade of San Sepolcro overlooking the cloister

RIBA136102
NOTES: This is the monastic complex of Santo Stefano, an ancient group of buildings mentioned as early as 887 and dedicated as a whole to St Stephen the Marytr. It encompasses three churches; Santi Vitale e Agricola, the oldest ecclesiastical building in the city, San Sepolcro and the Chiesa del Crocifisso (Church of the Crucifix), 11th and 12th centuries respectively.

Complesso di Santo Stefano, Bologna: detail of the decorative brickwork of the facade of San Sepolcro overlooking the cloister

RIBA136103
NOTES: This is the monastic complex of Santo Stefano, an ancient group of buildings mentioned as early as 887 and dedicated as a whole to St Stephen the Marytr. It encompasses three churches; Santi Vitale e Agricola, the oldest ecclesiastical building in the city, San Sepolcro and the Chiesa del Crocifisso (Church of the Crucifix), 11th and 12th centuries respectively.

Complesso di Santo Stefano, Bologna: detail of the decorative brickwork of the facade of San Sepolcro overlooking the cloister

RIBA136104
NOTES: This is the monastic complex of Santo Stefano, an ancient group of buildings mentioned as early as 887 and dedicated as a whole to St Stephen the Marytr. It encompasses three churches; Santi Vitale e Agricola, the oldest ecclesiastical building in the city, San Sepolcro and the Chiesa del Crocifisso (Church of the Crucifix), 11th and 12th centuries respectively.

Complesso di Santo Stefano, Bologna: detail of the decorative brickwork of the facade of San Sepolcro overlooking the cloister

RIBA136105
NOTES: This is the monastic complex of Santo Stefano, an ancient group of buildings mentioned as early as 887 and dedicated as a whole to St Stephen the Marytr. It encompasses three churches; Santi Vitale e Agricola, the oldest ecclesiastical building in the city, San Sepolcro and the Chiesa del Crocifisso (Church of the Crucifix), 11th and 12th centuries respectively.

San Frediano, Lucca: the main facade with the mosaic of the Ascension by Berlinghiero Berlinghieri

RIBA136203
Berlinghieri, Berlanghiero (fl. 1228-1242)
NOTES: The church of San Frediano, dedicated to Fredianus an Irish-born saint and bishop of Lucca, was rebuilt in 1112-1147 over the remains of a 6th century basilica. Its facade dates from the 13th century (restored in the 19th century) and the tall campanile was restored in 1853.

San Frediano, Lucca: the main facade with the mosaic of the Ascension by Berlinghiero Berlinghieri

RIBA136204
Berlinghieri, Berlanghiero (fl. 1228-1242)
NOTES: The church of San Frediano, dedicated to Fredianus an Irish-born saint and bishop of Lucca, was rebuilt in 1112-1147 over the remains of a 6th century basilica. Its facade dates from the 13th century (restored in the 19th century) and the tall campanile was restored in 1853.
Categories
)
CLOSE