Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Monuments

View as Grid List
Sort by

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of monument to the second Earl of Rutland, showing the family coat of arms

RIBA148105
Parker, Richard
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the second Earl is 1563, possibly by Parker. See RIBA158346 for a colour version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of the recumbent figures on the monument to the first Earl of Rutland

RIBA148106
Parker, Richard
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the first Earl of Rutland is 1543 by Richard Parker. See RIBA158347 for a colour version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of monument to the sixth Earl of Rutland

RIBA148107
Johnson, Nicholas
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the sixth Earl is 1632 by Nicholas Johnson. See RIBA158348 for a colour version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of monument canopy to the sixth Earl of Rutland

RIBA148108
Johnson, Nicholas
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the sixth Earl is 1632 by Nicholas Johnson. See RIBA158349 for a colour version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of coat of arms atop the monument to the sixth Earl of Rutland

RIBA148109
Johnson, Nicholas
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the sixth Earl is 1632 by Nicholas Johnson. See RIBA158350 for a colour version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: the monument to the sixth Earl of Rutland with the tomb monument to the first Earl of Rutland in the foreground

RIBA148110
Parker, Richard
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the sixth Earl of Rutland is 1632 by Nicholas Johnson and to the first Earl is 1543 by Richard Parker. See RIBA158351 for a colour version of this image.

St Cathen church, Llangathen, Carmarthenshire: Aberglasney Chapel, monument to Anthony Rudd, Bishop of St Davids

RIBA149809
NOTES: The church dates back to the 15th century. The monument to the bishop and his wife was built after his death in 1616.

St Cathen church, Llangathen, Carmarthenshire: Aberglasney Chapel, monument to Anthony Rudd, Bishop of St Davids

RIBA149810
NOTES: The church dates back to the 15th century. The monument to the bishop and his wife was built after his death in 1616.

Plaza de la Catedral, Havana: detail of 16th century plaque commemorating the Zanja Real

RIBA155359
NOTES: The Zanja Real was an irrigation channel which carried water from the River Almendares to the city. See RIBA146231 for a black and white version of this image.

Castillo de los Tres del Morro, Havana: stone plaque commemorating the defence of the fortress in 1762

RIBA155409
Antonelli, Battista (1547-1616)
NOTES: The castle was begun in 1589 and not completed until 1630 by Cristobal de Roda Antonelli (his nephew). See RIBA146216 for a black and white version of this image.

Monument to the victims of the Maine, Malecon, Havana

RIBA157926
Cabarrocas, Felix
NOTES: Monument to the victims of the explosion of the US battleship Maine, which exploded in Havana habour on 15 February 1898, during the Cuban War of Independence. The monument was designed by Felix Cabarrocas and erected in 1925. See RIBA146495 for a black and white version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of kneeling figure from the monument to the fourth Earl of Rutland

RIBA158336
Johnson, Gerard
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the fourth Earl is 1591 by Gerard Johnson. See RIBA148095 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE