Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Monuments & memorials

View as Grid List
Sort by

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: the south portico with statues

RIBA130465
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. See RIBA130484 for a colour version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: the south portico seen from the side with the statue of Major General William Earle in the foreground

RIBA130467
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. See RIBA130485 for a colour version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool, seen from the north-west with a statue of Alexander Balfour in the foreground

RIBA130474
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: two bays of the east balcony of the Great Hall

RIBA130475
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. See RIBA130488 for a colour version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: detail of one of the bronze gates into the great hall with a statue in niche

RIBA130477
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: the south portico with statues

RIBA130484
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. See RIBA130465 for a black and white version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: the south portico seen from the side with the statue of Major General William Earle in the foreground

RIBA130485
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. See RIBA130467 for a black and white version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: two bays of the east balcony of the Great Hall

RIBA130488
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. See RIBA130475 for a black and white version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: the west facade seen from the south

RIBA130513
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: the north doorway leading to the entrance hall below the concert hall flanked by statue of a merman and mermaid

RIBA130518
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.

'The Lanes', Carlisle

RIBA130877
Building Design Partnership
)
CLOSE