Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Mirrors

View as Grid List
Sort by

Bride of Denmark, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster, London

RIBA146144
NOTES: The Bride of Denmark was created in 1947 in the basement of the offices of the Architectural Press (publishers of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review) from salvaged elements of pubs damaged during the war or rejected by brewery owners. See RIBA146156 for a colour version of this image.

Bride of Denmark, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster, London: looking into the public bar from the corridor of No. 11

RIBA146152
NOTES: The Bride of Denmark was created in 1947 in the basement of the offices of the Architectural Press (publishers of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review) from salvaged elements of pubs damaged during the war or rejected by brewery owners. See RIBA146164 for a colour version of this image.

Bride of Denmark, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster, London

RIBA146156
NOTES: The Bride of Denmark was created in 1947 in the basement of the offices of the Architectural Press (publishers of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review) from salvaged elements of pubs damaged during the war or rejected by brewery owners. See RIBA146144 for a black and white version of this image.

Bride of Denmark, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster, London: looking into the public bar from the corridor of No. 11

RIBA146164
NOTES: The Bride of Denmark was created in 1947 in the basement of the offices of the Architectural Press (publishers of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review) from salvaged elements of pubs damaged during the war or rejected by brewery owners. See RIBA146152 for a black and white version of this image.

Dyers' Hall, College Hill / Dowgate Hill, City of London: the first-floor Court Room

RIBA146184
Dyer, Charles (1794-1848)
NOTES: Building was originally by Charles Dyer 1839-1841: in 1856-1857 was extended east on to Dowgate Hill by D. A. Cobbett. The first-floor Court Room seen here was refurbished in the 20th century, with a chocolate-brown colour scheme by Cadbury Brown of 1990 and curtains by Eduardo Paolozzi. See RIBA146190 for a colour version of this image.

Dyers' Hall, College Hill / Dowgate Hill, City of London: the first-floor Court Room

RIBA146190
Dyer, Charles (1794-1848)
NOTES: Building was originally by Charles Dyer 1839-1841: in 1856-1857 was extended east on to Dowgate Hill by D. A. Cobbett. The first-floor Court Room seen here was refurbished in the 20th century, with a chocolate-brown colour scheme by Cadbury Brown of 1990 and curtains by Eduardo Paolozzi. See RIBA146184 for a black and white version of this image.

Banqueting House, Whitehall, London: the new toilet facilities

RIBA147381
Jones, Inigo (1573-1652)
NOTES: Donald Insall & Associates were responsible for the refurbishment of the Banqueting House in 1992, including the creation of a museum reception area and new toilet facilities in the undercroft.See RIBA147389 for a colour version of this image.

Banqueting House, Whitehall, London: the new toilet facilities

RIBA147389
Jones, Inigo (1573-1652)
NOTES: Donald Insall & Associates were responsible for the refurbishment of the Banqueting House in 1992, including the creation of a museum reception area and new toilet facilities in the undercroft.See RIBA147381 for a black and white version of this image.

Knebworth House, Knebworth, Hertfordshire: the chimneypiece and mirror in the drawing room

RIBA147772
Kendall, Henry Edward (1776-1875)
NOTES: The original house was built c. 1500 by Sir Robert Lytton. It was part demolished and rebuilt in 1813-1816 by J . B. Rebecca in a Tudor/ Gothic style. Then in 1843-1845 it was extensively remodelled by the architect Henry Edward Kendall, who added much of the sculptural embellishments on the previously modest towers. See RIBA158596 for a colour version of this image.

44 Berkeley Square, Westminster: detail of fireplace

RIBA148725
Kent, William (1685?-1748)
NOTES: Built for Lady Isabella Finch in 1742-1745. In 1959 it became the Clermont Club. See RIBA157239 for a colour version of this image.

Opera House, Glyndebourne, Sussex: the principal's dressing room

RIBA149389
Michael Hopkins & Partners
NOTES: The original house at Glyndebourne was part of Glynde Place and dates back to the 15th century, but has been substantially altered over the subsequent centuries. In 1870 the house was enlarged and encased in red brick by the then owner William Langham Christie. In 1934 John Christie built the first opera house in the garden, consequently making the site world famous for the quality of the performances staged there. In 1994 Michael Hopkins was commissioned to design a new opera house. See RIBA156095 for a colour version of this image.

Chest of drawers with toliet glass designed by Voysey

RIBA149686
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: These items are from the collection of Lady Joan Slack (1925-2015), a prominent geneticist, who inherited through her family a number of artifacts from the Voysey family, which she subsequently catalogued. She lived at Bridgwater, Somerset, where these images were taken. See RIBA156436 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE