Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Mirrors

View as Grid List
Sort by

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: detail of fireplace in the yellow drawing room

RIBA130693
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane. The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. The drawing room by Soane (c. 1792) was created out of a courtyard and stairwell from the 17th century house.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: the book room fireplace

RIBA130710
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. The book room, as it was known, was created in 1806 by enlarging Gibb's old ante-library into one bay of the adjoining orangery. See RIBA158775 for a colour version of this image.

Swallow Hotel, Waltham Abbey, Essex: detail of a bed as reflected in the mirror

RIBA133469
Denny & Bryan
NOTES: See RIBA158364 for a colour version of this image.

Bride of Denmark, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster, London

RIBA146144
NOTES: The Bride of Denmark was created in 1947 in the basement of the offices of the Architectural Press (publishers of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review) from salvaged elements of pubs damaged during the war or rejected by brewery owners. See RIBA146156 for a colour version of this image.

Bride of Denmark, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster, London: looking into the public bar from the corridor of No. 11

RIBA146152
NOTES: The Bride of Denmark was created in 1947 in the basement of the offices of the Architectural Press (publishers of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review) from salvaged elements of pubs damaged during the war or rejected by brewery owners. See RIBA146164 for a colour version of this image.

Bride of Denmark, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster, London

RIBA146156
NOTES: The Bride of Denmark was created in 1947 in the basement of the offices of the Architectural Press (publishers of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review) from salvaged elements of pubs damaged during the war or rejected by brewery owners. See RIBA146144 for a black and white version of this image.

Bride of Denmark, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster, London: looking into the public bar from the corridor of No. 11

RIBA146164
NOTES: The Bride of Denmark was created in 1947 in the basement of the offices of the Architectural Press (publishers of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review) from salvaged elements of pubs damaged during the war or rejected by brewery owners. See RIBA146152 for a black and white version of this image.

Dyers' Hall, College Hill / Dowgate Hill, City of London: the first-floor Court Room

RIBA146184
Dyer, Charles (1794-1848)
NOTES: Building was originally by Charles Dyer 1839-1841: in 1856-1857 was extended east on to Dowgate Hill by D. A. Cobbett. The first-floor Court Room seen here was refurbished in the 20th century, with a chocolate-brown colour scheme by Cadbury Brown of 1990 and curtains by Eduardo Paolozzi. See RIBA146190 for a colour version of this image.

Dyers' Hall, College Hill / Dowgate Hill, City of London: the first-floor Court Room

RIBA146190
Dyer, Charles (1794-1848)
NOTES: Building was originally by Charles Dyer 1839-1841: in 1856-1857 was extended east on to Dowgate Hill by D. A. Cobbett. The first-floor Court Room seen here was refurbished in the 20th century, with a chocolate-brown colour scheme by Cadbury Brown of 1990 and curtains by Eduardo Paolozzi. See RIBA146184 for a black and white version of this image.

Banqueting House, Whitehall, London: the new toilet facilities

RIBA147381
Jones, Inigo (1573-1652)
NOTES: Donald Insall & Associates were responsible for the refurbishment of the Banqueting House in 1992, including the creation of a museum reception area and new toilet facilities in the undercroft.See RIBA147389 for a colour version of this image.

Banqueting House, Whitehall, London: the new toilet facilities

RIBA147389
Jones, Inigo (1573-1652)
NOTES: Donald Insall & Associates were responsible for the refurbishment of the Banqueting House in 1992, including the creation of a museum reception area and new toilet facilities in the undercroft.See RIBA147381 for a black and white version of this image.

Knebworth House, Knebworth, Hertfordshire: the chimneypiece and mirror in the drawing room

RIBA147772
Kendall, Henry Edward (1776-1875)
NOTES: The original house was built c. 1500 by Sir Robert Lytton. It was part demolished and rebuilt in 1813-1816 by J . B. Rebecca in a Tudor/ Gothic style. Then in 1843-1845 it was extensively remodelled by the architect Henry Edward Kendall, who added much of the sculptural embellishments on the previously modest towers. See RIBA158596 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE