Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Mirrors

View as Grid List
Sort by

Architectural Press offices, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, London: room with mirror in an elaborate carved Roccoco style frame

RIBA122416
McCallum, Ian (1920?-1987)
NOTES: In 1959 the offices for the Architectural Review, located on the third floor of three early 18th century houses was refitted by the architect Ian McCallum to provide an illusion of continuing space by the use of louvred screens, floor to ceiling mirrors and various lighting systems.

Architectural Press offices, 9-13 Queen Anne's Gate, London: view of the link passage with its floor to ceiling mirrors giving an endless perspective

RIBA122433
McCallum, Ian (1920?-1987)
NOTES: In 1959 the offices for the Architectural Review, located on the third floor of three early 18th century houses was refitted by the architect Ian McCallum to provide an illusion of continuing space by the use of louvred screens, floor to ceiling mirrors and various lighting systems.

Unidentified designs for a drawing room in the Adam style: elevation of a wall with three windows, two pier glasses and decorative plasterwork

RIBA125837
Aitchison, George (1825-1910)
NOTES: There are drawings for each wall of the room and a design for the ceiling.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: detail of fireplace in the yellow drawing room

RIBA130693
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane. The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. The drawing room by Soane (c. 1792) was created out of a courtyard and stairwell from the 17th century house.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: the book room fireplace

RIBA130710
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. The book room, as it was known, was created in 1806 by enlarging Gibb's old ante-library into one bay of the adjoining orangery.
)
CLOSE