NOTES: The most important of the four buildings in the grounds of Nymphenburg, this hunting lodge was designed by Francois de Cuvillies and built in 1734-1739 for Maria Amalie, wife of Elector Karl Albrecht. The sculptors Johann Baptist Zimmermann and Johann Joachim Dietrich were responsible for the interior design of the pavilion.
NOTES: The Reichstag has been the seat of the Bundestag since April 1999. The original 1894 building (architect Paul Wallot), was damaged by a fire in 1933 and bombed severely during World War II, leaving it gutted. After reunification, Foster & Partners were commissioned to redesign a new parliament for the Bundestag inside the shell of the old building, creating a new dome in the process.