Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Metalwork

View as Grid List
Sort by

Chain showing the insignia of the Royal Institute of British Architects

RIBA106285
Scott, Sir Giles Gilbert (1880-1960)
NOTES: This was a new chain designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott as an alternative to the Donaldson chain (see RIBA106284) and worn by him at the opening of the new Royal Institute of British Architects building, 66 Portland Place in November 1934.

Robinson College, Grange Road, Cambridge: the door to the chapel from the Front Court

RIBA110696
Gillespie Kidd & Coia
NOTES: The bronze decoration on the door is by Jacqueline Stieger.

Sketch for a door knocker to be executed in bronze - already partly modelled

RIBA125708
Dressler, Conrad Gustave d'Huc (1856-1940)
NOTES: This image is from a volume of drawings (entitled Vol II) by various designers produced for or presented to the Quarto Imperial Club, London, between 1892 and 1897.

Designs for the interior decoration of the addition to Lythe Hill, Haslemere, Surrey, for James Stewart Hodgson Esq.: design for gates in wrought iron work incorporating the initial H

RIBA125830
Aitchison, George (1825-1910)
NOTES: This drawing was exhibited at the Royal Academy of Arts, London, in 1890 (A Pair of Park Gates, no. 1750).

'Structural Memories II'

RIBA126563
Grimshaw, Sir Nicholas (1939-)

An Elsley display-board showing their 'designer range' of Voysey metalwork

RIBA149716
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: These items are from the collection of Lady Joan Slack (1925-2015), a prominent geneticist, who inherited through her family a number of artifacts from the Voysey family, which she subsequently catalogued. She lived at Bridgwater, Somerset, where these images were taken. Thomas Elsley & Co were the manufacturers of Voysey's metalwork.

Copies of material on Voysey, held by John Brandon-Jones: designs for metalwork from The British Architect, January 1895

RIBA150187
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: This copy image is from the collection of John Brandon-Jones, architect (1908-1999), who had worked with the partnership of Charles Cowles-Voysey from 1933.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE