Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Mausoleums

View as Grid List
Sort by

Tempio Malatestiano, Rimini: detail of carved frieze

RIBA108114
Alberti, Leon Battista (1404-1472)
NOTES: Regarded as the cathedral church of Rimini, the Tempio Malatestiano was a recasing of the 13th Gothic church of San Francisco. Alberti was commissioned by his patron Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta to design a mausoleum for his wife Isotta degli Atti. Alberti produced a design around 1450, but the execution of the project was given to Matteo di Andrea de' Pasti, who produced the famous temple front. This was to have a higher central gable or pediment, but was not completed and remained so at his death in 1467.

Tempio Malatestiano, Rimini: detail of column and carved roundel

RIBA108115
Alberti, Leon Battista (1404-1472)
NOTES: Regarded as the cathedral church of Rimini, the Tempio Malatestiano was a recasing of the 13th Gothic church of San Francisco. Alberti was commissioned by his patron Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta to design a mausoleum for his wife Isotta degli Atti. Alberti produced a design around 1450, but the execution of the project was given to Matteo di Andrea de' Pasti, who produced the famous temple front. This was to have a higher central gable or pediment, but was not completed and remained so at his death in 1467.

San Constanza, Rome; tomb of Galla Placida and tomb of Theodoric, Ravenna: plans, sections and perspectives

RIBA111602
SOURCE: Sir Banister Flight Fletcher (revised by R. A. Cordingly). A History of architecture on the comparative method, 17th ed. (London: Athlone Press, 1961), p.296 NOTES: San Constanza was erected in 330 AD by the emperor Constantine as a mausoleum to his daughter Constantia. It was converted into a church in 1256. The tomb of Galla Placida, Ravenna dates from 420 AD and the tomb of Theodoric, Ravenna, dates from 530 AD.

Castel Sant'Angelo (the Mausoleum of Hadrian) and Ponte Sant'Angelo, Rome

RIBA113628
NOTES: Castel Sant'Angelo was originally constructed as a mausoleum for the Emperor Hadrian in 135-139 AD. The bridge, built at the same time to connect the mausoleum to the Campus Martius, was named Ponte Elio (Pons Aelius). When the mausoleum became a castle in 401 AD, it was renamed Castel Sant'Angelo and the bridge took the same name.

Dulwich Picture Gallery, London

RIBA119064
Soane, Sir John (1753-1837)
NOTES: See RIBA155454 for a colour version of this image.

Dulwich Picture Gallery, London

RIBA119065
Soane, Sir John (1753-1837)
NOTES: See RIBA119082 for a colour version of this image

Dulwich Picture Gallery, London

RIBA119066
Soane, Sir John (1753-1837)

Dulwich Picture Gallery, London

RIBA119067
Soane, Sir John (1753-1837)
)
CLOSE