Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Mausoleums

View as Grid List
Sort by

Juscelino Kubitschek Memorial, Eixo Monumental, Brasilia: statue of Juscelino Kubitschek by Honorio Pecanha

RIBA40931
Niemeyer, Oscar (1907-2012)
NOTES: The city of Brasilia was planned and developed in 1956 with Lucio Costa as chief urban planner and Oscar Niemeyer as principal architect. It formally became the capital of Brazil in 1960 and is the seat of all three branches of the Brazilian government. This memorial and museum, commonly known as the JK Memorial, is dedicated to the 24th President of Brazil, Juscelino Kubitscheck, who ordered the construction of Brasilia.

Juscelino Kubitschek Memorial, Eixo Monumental, Brasilia: the statue by Honorio Pecanha of Juscelino Kubitschek and his mausoleum by night

RIBA40932
Niemeyer, Oscar (1907-2012)
NOTES: The city of Brasilia was planned and developed in 1956 with Lucio Costa as chief urban planner and Oscar Niemeyer as principal architect. It formally became the capital of Brazil in 1960 and is the seat of all three branches of the Brazilian government. This memorial and museum, commonly known as the JK Memorial, is dedicated to the 24th President of Brazil, Juscelino Kubitscheck, who ordered the construction of Brasilia.

Chapel, Gibside, County Durham

RIBA47974
Paine, James (1717-1789)
NOTES: Commissioned by Sir William Bowes in 1756 and ordained to be built within six years of his death, this mausoleum chapel was begun in 1760 to James Paine's Palladian design, but left unfinished internally in 1769. Only when it was completed by the tenth Earl in 1812 was Bowes able to be buried there.

Tomb of Shah Rukn-i-Alam after restoration, Multan, Pakistan

RIBA48426
Wali Ullah Khan, Muhammad
NOTES: This 14th century brick mausoleum was all but derelict until it was restored by Muhammad Wali Ullah Khan in 1971-1977, for which he was awarded an Aga Khan Award for Architecture, restoration and conservation in 1983.

St Cuthbert's Church and Turner Mausoleum, Kirkleatham, North Yorkshire

RIBA48695
Carr, John, of York (1723-1807)
NOTES: The mausoleum of Marwood William Turner (d. 1739) was designed by James Gibbs and built in 1740. The church of St Cuthbert was rebuilt by John Carr for William Turner c. 1760-1763, retaining the mausoleum.

West Norwood Cemetery, London: the two-storey polychromatic mausoleum of John Peter Ralli in the Greek Orthodox cemetery

RIBA48783
Street, George Edmund (1824-1881)
NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. This Ralli family vault, one of several in the Greek part of the cemetery commissioned by the Rallis, was designed by George Edmund Street and erected in 1888.

West Norwood Cemetery, London: tombs in the Greek Orthodox cemetery with a glimpse of the mausoleum of John Peter Ralli on the right

RIBA48784
Street, George Edmund (1824-1881)
NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. This Ralli family vault, one of several in the Greek part of the cemetery commissioned by the Rallis, was designed by George Edmund Street and erected in 1888.

West Norwood Cemetery, London: the terracotta mausoleum with Tudor windows of Sir Henry Tate

RIBA48788
Smith, Sidney Robert James (1858-1913)
NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. This mausoleum was designed by Sidney R. J. Smith in c.1890.

West Norwood Cemetery, London: the Doric temple mausoleum of Eustratios Ralli in the Greek Orthodox cemetery

RIBA48789
Barry, Edward Middleton (1830-1880)
NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. This white marble mausoleum with Doric porch was designed by E. M. Barry and erected in c. 1875.

West Norwood Cemetery, London: slanting tombstones with the mausoleum of Sir Henry Tate centre background

RIBA48790
Smith, Sidney Robert James (1858-1913)
NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. The mausoleum to Sir Henry Tate was designed by Sidney R. J. Smith in c.1890.

Cappella Colleoni, Piazza Duomo, Citta' Alta, Bergamo

RIBA50656
Amadeo, Giovanni Antonio (1447-1522)
NOTES: This image is one of many taken by Ivy de Wolfe, the pseudonym of Hazel de Cronin Hastings, of Italian subjects. Many of these appeared in the book 'The Italian Townscape' by Ivor de Wolfe (London, Architectural Press, 1963).
Close
)
CLOSE