NOTES: Burges won the competition of 1856, later preparing 5 sets of designs between 1856 and 1863 for a church of ever diminishing size. Despite submitting the winning entry, Burges' modified designs for the church were rejected and he was replaced as architect by George Edmund Street.
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).
NOTES; This semi-enclosed market is located in a spacious loggia dating back to the 16th century. Market traders set up stalls daily under the arches selling belts, scarves, leather goods, embroidered linens, souvenirs, and Florentine straw hats This market is known locally as ' Il Porcellino' (Little Pig) after the wild boar fountain, created in 1612 by Pietro Tacca, located the south side.
NOTES: The Monument, a colossal Doric column, stands at the junction of Monument Street and Fish Street Hill in the City of London. It was built between 1671 and 1677 to commemorate the Great Fire of London and to celebrate the rebuilding of the City.
NOTES: This market hall was designed by Isak Gustaf Clason, the Assistant City Architect, while Kasper Salin, the City Architect, was responsible for the engineering of the cast-iron structure. It was renovated and rebuilt in 1995-1997.