SOURCE: Constantin Uhde. Baudenkmaler in Grossbritannien (Berlin, 1894), vol. II, pl. 125 NOTES: Built from Grinshill stone for the Drapers Guild, this hall was one of the earliest forms of prefrabricated building.
SOURCE: Architect, vol. 8, 1872 Oct. 19, after p. 218 NOTES: The first part of the covered market opened in 1871 and the building was completed in 1878. The market closed in 1973 and was subsequently demolished.