Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Lighting

View as Grid List
Sort by

Regal cinema, West Street, Boston, Lincolnshire: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59597
Thraves, Alfred John (1888-1953)
NOTES: This cinema closed in 2001 and was demolished in 2002. Car parking is planned for the site.

Odeon cinema, Cambridge Street, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59599
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Closed as a cinema in 1985, this building was disused and fell into disrepair. The ground floor of this building was badly damaged by a suspicious fire in August 2010.

Odeon cinema, Leicester Square, London: the projection screen being mounted on the proscenium

RIBA59658
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Built on the site of the Moorish-style Alhambra Theatre, demolished in 1936, this was the London flagship cinema of the Odeon group, opening on 2nd November 1937.

Odeon cinema, Leicester Square, London: the completed auditorium seen from circle right

RIBA59659
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Built on the site of the Moorish-style Alhambra Theatre, demolished in 1936, this was the London flagship cinema of the Odeon group, opening on 2nd November 1937.

Odeon cinema, Brighton Road and High Street, Rhyl, Clwyd: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59670
Bullivant, Robert Andrew (1910-2001)
NOTES: Robert Bullivant joined the Harry Weedon practice in 1935 and was responsible for the design of the Odeons at Chester, York, Burnley, Exeter and Rhyl. Taken over by Hutchinson in 1969, this cinema was renamed Astra. It was made into a triple screen in 1972 and the stalls were later converted for bingo. It was designated Grade II listed status in 1989. The cinemas closed in 1995 and the building reverted to a single auditorium for bingo.

Odeon cinema, Leicester Square, London: the auditorium seem the right of the proscenium

RIBA59671
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Built on the site of the Moorish-style Alhambra Theatre, demolished in 1936, this was the London flagship cinema of the Odeon group, opening on 2nd November 1937.

Odeon cinema, St Albans Road, North Watford: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59678
J. Owen Bond & Son
NOTES: This cinema was designed by J. Owen Bond & Son while Eugene Mollo and Michael Egan were responsible for the interiors. This cinema closed in 1959 and was converted internally to a Waitrose supermarket which opened in 1961. That closed in 1987 and the building was demolished to make way for Gladesmere Court, a block of flats .

Odeon cinema, West Street at corner of Little Russell Street, Brighton: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59686
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: This cinema was modernized in 1969. It was closed in 1973 and demolished in 1990. Family Assurance House, an office block, was completed on this site in 1992.

Odeon cinema, High Street and Avenue Road, Erith, London: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59689
Coles, George (1884-1963)
NOTES: Closed as an Odeon in 1967 and taken over by Classic, this cinema was subdivided for stalls bingo and a new balcony cinema in 1973. It closed definitively in 1996 and was demolished in 2002. A block of flats and retail units was built on the site in 2005.

Ritz cinema, 134 Church Street, Preston, Lancashire: the auditorium seen from rear of stalls left

RIBA59712
NOTES: Opened in 1928 as the New Victoria by Provincial Cinematograph Theatres Ltd (PCT), this cinema was taken over by Gaumont in 1929 and renamed as such in 1952. It was modernized c.1959 and was closed for subdivision into ground floor ballroom/disco and cinema upstairs extending into the old circle. The cinema opened in 1963 as Odeon. A second screen was created in the former restaurant and opened as Odeon 2 in 1970. Both closed in 1992 and the building remains disused.

Ritz cinema, 134 Church Street, Preston, Lancashire: the auditorium seen from front of circle right

RIBA59713
NOTES: Opened in 1928 as the New Victoria by Provincial Cinematograph Theatres Ltd (PCT), this cinema was taken over by Gaumont in 1929 and renamed as such in 1952. It was modernized c.1959 and was closed for subdivision into ground floor ballroom/disco and cinema upstairs extending into the old circle. The cinema opened in 1963 as Odeon. A second screen was created in the former restaurant and opened as Odeon 2 in 1970. Both closed in 1992 and the building remains disused.
Close
)
CLOSE