Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Lighting

View as Grid List
Sort by

Odeon cinema, King Street at corner of Broad Street, Ramsgate: the auditorium seen from stalls left

RIBA59509
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Closed as an Odeon in 1967 and taken over by Classic, this cinema was definitively closed in 1985. It was demolished in 1988 while the attached parade of shops and flats were retained.

Odeon cinema, Fortis Green Road, Muswell Hill, London: the auditorium seen from upper circle left

RIBA59516
Coles, George (1884-1963)
NOTES: This cinema was Grade II listed in 1984 and underwent refurbishment in 2002, reopening in 2005.

Odeon cinema, Gold Street, Kettering, Northamptonshire: the auditorium seen from the upper circle

RIBA59519
Mollo & Egan
NOTES: Harry Weedon designed this cinema, a reconstruction of Victoria Picture House, while Mollo & Egan were responsible for the interior decoration. Closed as a cinema in 1960, this building reopened as a bingo hall. It was sold to the Borough of Kettering and demolished in 1974. Shops were subsequently built on the site.

Odeon cinema, Gold Street, Kettering, Northamptonshire: the circle foyer

RIBA59520
Mollo & Egan
NOTES: Harry Weedon designed this cinema, a reconstruction of Victoria Picture House, while Mollo & Egan were responsible for the interior decoration. Closed as a cinema in 1960, this building reopened as a bingo hall. It was sold to the Borough of Kettering and demolished in 1974. Shops were subsequently built on the site.

Odeon cinema, Hunter Street at corner of Northgate Street, Chester, Cheshire: the circle foyer

RIBA59522
Bullivant, Robert Andrew (1910-2001)
NOTES: Robert Bullivant joined the Harry Weedon practice in 1935 and was responsible for the design of the Odeons at Chester, York, Burnley, Exeter and Rhyl.

Odeon cinema, Newport Road, Stafford, Staffordshire: the auditorium seen from the proscenium

RIBA59524
Satchwell, Roland
NOTES: This cinema was taken over in 1981 by Hutchinsons and renamed Astra, and then by Apollo in 1988.

Odeon cinema, Pyle Street and Town Lane, Newport, Isle of Wight: the auditorium seen from upper circle left

RIBA59528
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: This cinema was taken over by Isle of Wight Theatres and renamed Savoy Cinema in 1961. Taken over by Star in 1969, it closed in 1982 and was demolished in 1984. A furnishings shop with Savoy Court flats above were completed on this site in 2000.

Odeon cinema, 4 Avenue Road, Herne Bay, Kent: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59531
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Closed as an Odeon in 1967 when taken over by Classic and renamed as such, this cinema definitively closed in 1987. It was demolished in 1988 to make way for flats.

Odeon cinema, Killigrew Street, Falmouth, Cornwall: the auditorium seen from upper circle right

RIBA59546
Weedon, Harry William (1887-1970)
NOTES: Taken over by Classic in 1967 and renamed as such, this cinema closed in 1970. The building was demolished in 1976. A supermarket was later built on the site, opening in 2001.

Odeon cinema, High Street, Epsom, Surrey: the entrance foyer

RIBA59589
Whinney Son & Austen Hall
NOTES: This building closed as a cinema and was sold to a property developer in 1971. A supermarket was built on the site.

Odeon cinema, Court Ash Terrace, Yeovil, Somerset: the auditorium seen from upper circle right showing the Holophane lighting system over the proscenium

RIBA59593
Mollo & Egan
NOTES: Harry Weedon, assisted by Budge Reid, was responsible for the design of this cinema and Eugene Mollo and Michael Egan for the interior decoration. Closed as an Odeon and taken over by Classic in 1972, this cinema definitively closed in 2002. The building was converted into 'The Old Cinema Bed and Sofa Store' which opened in 2004. The original exterior remains intact and most of the interior decoration has been retained.
Close
)
CLOSE