Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Lighting

View as Grid List
Sort by

Juscelino Kubitschek Memorial, Eixo Monumental, Brasilia, at dusk

RIBA40929
Niemeyer, Oscar (1907-2012)
NOTES: The city of Brasilia was planned and developed in 1956 with Lucio Costa as chief urban planner and Oscar Niemeyer as principal architect. It formally became the capital of Brazil in 1960 and is the seat of all three branches of the Brazilian government. This memorial and museum, commonly known as the JK Memorial, is dedicated to the 24th President of Brazil, Juscelino Kubitscheck, who ordered the construction of Brasilia.

Juscelino Kubitschek Memorial, Eixo Monumental, Brasilia: the statue by Honorio Pecanha of Juscelino Kubitschek and his mausoleum by night

RIBA40932
Niemeyer, Oscar (1907-2012)
NOTES: The city of Brasilia was planned and developed in 1956 with Lucio Costa as chief urban planner and Oscar Niemeyer as principal architect. It formally became the capital of Brazil in 1960 and is the seat of all three branches of the Brazilian government. This memorial and museum, commonly known as the JK Memorial, is dedicated to the 24th President of Brazil, Juscelino Kubitscheck, who ordered the construction of Brasilia.

Multi-storey car park, St Paul's Place, Sheffield: the cladding system illuminated at night

RIBA41243
Allies & Morrison
NOTES: This parking facility for 520 vehicles was part of Allies and Morrison's masterplan for the regeneration of St Paul's Place.

Broadgate Tower, City of London: the escalators seen from the entrance foyer

RIBA41762
Skidmore Owings & Merrill
NOTES: This 35-storey tower adjoins 201 Bishopsgate, a 13-storey horizontal structure, both of which overlook a public plaza.

Broadgate Tower, City of London: the escalators up to the mezzanine seen from the entrance foyer

RIBA41763
Skidmore Owings & Merrill
NOTES: This 35-storey tower adjoins 201 Bishopsgate, a 13-storey horizontal structure, both of which overlook a public plaza.

South Bank Arts Centre, London: the high level walkway and segregated pedestrian system linking all the major elements of the centre

RIBA42445
Greater London Council. Department of Architecture & Civic Design
NOTES: The South Bank Arts Centre, known as the Southbank Centre since 2002, comprises the Royal Festival Hall (completed in 1951), the Queen Elizabeth Hall and the Purcell Room (completed in 1967), and the Hayward Gallery (completed in 1968).

Hayward Gallery, South Bank Arts Centre, London: a gallery

RIBA42571
Greater London Council. Department of Architecture & Civic Design
NOTES: The South Bank Arts Centre, known as the Southbank Centre since 2002, comprises the Royal Festival Hall (completed in 1951), the Queen Elizabeth Hall and the Purcell Room (completed in 1967), and the Hayward Gallery (completed in 1968).

Thorndike Theatre, Leatherhead, Surrey: foyer area leading to the restaurant and club room

RIBA42661
Ham, Roderick (1925-2017)
NOTES: This theatre closed in 1997 and reopened in 2001 as a part-time theatre and a community centre as well as a religious meeting-place.

Liverpool Playhouse extension, Wiilliamson Square, Liverpool, by night

RIBA42670
Hall O'Donahue & Wilson
NOTES: This Victorian theatre was originally built as the Star Music Hall in 1866. The modern extension by Hall O'Donahue & Wilson, providing a restaurant, bar and buffet, offices and rehearsal room, was added in 1968.

Curzon Mayfair cinema, Curzon Street, Mayfair, London: the auditorium seen from the circle

RIBA42773
Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners
NOTES: The original Curzon cinema opened in 1934 and was a low-rise brick design by Frank Lorne of Sir John Burnet Tait & Lorne. It closed in 1963, was demolished in 1964 and replaced by this office block development with the cinema in the basement by Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners.

Curzon Mayfair cinema, Curzon Street, Mayfair, London: the auditorium seen from the gallery

RIBA42775
Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners
NOTES: The original Curzon cinema opened in 1934 and was a low-rise brick design by Frank Lorne of Sir John Burnet Tait & Lorne. It closed in 1963, was demolished in 1964 and replaced by this office block development with the cinema in the basement by Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners.
Close
)
CLOSE