Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Lighting

View as Grid List
Sort by

National Liberal Club, Victoria Embankment, and the Golden Jubilee bridges seen at night from the South Bank, London

RIBA34718
Lifschutz Davidson
NOTES: The pair of Golden Jubilee footbridges, linking Westminster with Lambeth, were opened in 2003 and were designed by Lifschutz Davidson with Spiers & Major Associates were responsible for the lighting. The Gothic Revival National Liberal Club at 1 Whitehall Place, was designed by Alfred Waterhouse and opened in 1887.

The Swan, Yardley, Birmingham: the ballroom

RIBA34936
NOTES: The Swan replaced a Tudorbethan-style pub of that name built in 1898, but was itself replaced by an office building in the 1990s.

Odeon cinema, Leicester Square, London: the auditorium seen from circle right

RIBA34941
Mather, Andrew (1891-1938)
NOTES: Built on the site of the Moorish-style Alhambra Theatre, demolished in 1936, this was the London flagship cinema of the Odeon group, opening on 2nd November 1937.

Paramount & Plaza cinema, Lower Regent Street, London

RIBA38185
Verity & Beverley
NOTES: Originally the Paramount Theatre, it was designed by Frank T. Verity in 1926 for Paramount Pictures. It was converted into two smaller cinemas, the Plaza and the Paramount, in 1967 by Verity & Beverly. The signage and original red coluring was designed by Ken Garland & Associates with the lettering by Ray Carpenter who worked for Garland.

The Belfast Wheel and City Hall, Donegall Square, Belfast, by night

RIBA40387
Thomas, Sir Alfred Brumwell (1848-1948)
NOTES: The wheel was installed on the east side of Belfast City Hall in 2007. The City Hall was designed in Baroque Revival style by Alfred Brumwell Thomas in 1896-1906.

The Belfast Wheel and City Hall, Donegall Square, Belfast, by night

RIBA40388
Thomas, Sir Alfred Brumwell (1848-1948)
NOTES: The wheel was installed on the east side of Belfast City Hall in 2007. The City Hall was designed in Baroque Revival style by Alfred Brumwell Thomas in 1896-1906.

Architectural Construction workshop for the Faculty of Architecture, University of Venice, Mestre: the internal south-west corner of the ground floor illuminated from a long window below

RIBA40759
Venezia, Francesco (1944-)
NOTES: This workshop, constructed in reinforced concrete, was conceived as a shell that descends from above and protects the inner space. It is illuminated by natural light from above through a series of small skylights and a large central light box, which are plated in zinc and quartz, and from below by an outside glass slot at ground level. The exterior is clad in large rose-coloured marble slabs.

Architectural Construction workshop for the Faculty of Architecture, University of Venice, Mestre: the stairwell illuminated by a skylight

RIBA40771
Venezia, Francesco (1944-)
NOTES: This workshop, constructed in reinforced concrete, was conceived as a shell that descends from above and protects the inner space. It is illuminated by natural light from above through a series of small skylights and a large central light box, which are plated in zinc and quartz, and from below by an outside glass slot at ground level. The exterior is clad in large rose-coloured marble slabs.

Metropolitan Cathedral, Eixo Monumental, Brasilia, by night with the four bronze sculptures representing the Evangelists in the foreground

RIBA40831
Croce, Dante
NOTES: The city of Brasilia was planned and developed in 1956 with Lucio Costa as chief urban planner and Oscar Niemeyer as principal architect. It formally became the capital of Brazil in 1960 and is the seat of all three branches of the Brazilian government. Construction on the cathedral began in 1959 and the concrete-framed hyperboloid structure was completed in 1960. The cathedral was consecrated in 1970. The bronze sculptures representing the Evangelists in the entrance square were designed by Niemeyer and executed by Dante Croce in 1968.

Juscelino Kubitschek Memorial, Eixo Monumental, Brasilia, at dusk

RIBA40926
Niemeyer, Oscar (1907-2012)
NOTES: The city of Brasilia was planned and developed in 1956 with Lucio Costa as chief urban planner and Oscar Niemeyer as principal architect. It formally became the capital of Brazil in 1960 and is the seat of all three branches of the Brazilian government. This memorial and museum, commonly known as the JK Memorial, is dedicated to the 24th President of Brazil, Juscelino Kubitscheck, who ordered the construction of Brasilia.
Close
)
CLOSE