Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Lifts

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Olaf House, Hay's Wharf, Tooley Street, Southwark, London: detail of the lift doors crafted by Betty Joel

RIBA24318
Betty Joel Ltd.
NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.

Chamber of Shipping building, Bury Court off St Mary Axe, London: the entrance hall

RIBA24499
Farquhar, Ludovic Gordon (1899-1945)
NOTES: L. G. Farquhar became a partner in Sir John Burnet Tait & Lorne in 1937 and was responsible for the design of this building.

Unilever House, Blackfriars, City of London: the directors' lifts with Art Deco style aluminium panels designed by Eric Gill

RIBA24530
Gill, Eric (1882-1940)
NOTES: James Lomax-Simpson joined Lever Brothers in 1910 as company architect. Unilever House, originally called Lever House, was designed by Lomax-Simpson in conjunction with Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners and built 1930-1932.

Austin Reed, 103-113 Regent Street, London: close-up of the metal lift gates executed by Morris Singer

RIBA24652
P. J. Westwood & Emberton
NOTES: Percy James Westwood was in partnership with Joseph Emberton from 1922 to 1926.

Heal's (Heal & Son Ltd), Tottenham Court Road, London: the new lift cars

RIBA24662
Maufe, Sir Edward Brantwood (1883-1974)

Design for lifts in offices of British Petroleum (BP), Britannic House, London Wall, City of London: perspective

RIBA32955
Messrs. Joseph & F. Milton Cashmore & Partners
NOTES: This was one the six office towers constructed between 1957 and 1976 which, together with the Museum of London, formed the western flank of the London Wall development. It was extensively refurbished by Sheppard Robson International in 2000 and renamed CityPoint.

Arts Tower, Bolsover Street, University of Sheffield: a lift area

RIBA33032
Gollins Melvin Ward & Partners
NOTES: The central campus of the University of Sheffield (one of the six original 'red brick' universities) lies one mile to the west of Sheffield city centre and includes the library and Arts Tower, both Grade II listed buildings that were designed by Gollins Melvin Ward & Partners.

Willis Building, 51 Lime Street adjacent to the Lloyd's building, City of London

RIBA33148
Foster & Partners
NOTES: Foster & Partners were responsible for the Willis Building office development built in 2005-2007, and the Richard Rogers Partnership designed the Lloyd's building completed in 1986.
Close
)
CLOSE