NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.
NOTES: James Lomax-Simpson joined Lever Brothers in 1910 as company architect. Unilever House, originally called Lever House, was designed by Lomax-Simpson in conjunction with Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners and built 1930-1932.
NOTES: This was one the six office towers constructed between 1957 and 1976 which, together with the Museum of London, formed the western flank of the London Wall development. It was extensively refurbished by Sheppard Robson International in 2000 and renamed CityPoint.
NOTES: The central campus of the University of Sheffield (one of the six original 'red brick' universities) lies one mile to the west of Sheffield city centre and includes the library and Arts Tower, both Grade II listed buildings that were designed by Gollins Melvin Ward & Partners.