Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Lamps, lighting fixtures

View as Grid List
Sort by

Offices of British Petroleum (BP), Britannic House, London Wall, City of London: the boardoom

RIBA121127
Messrs. Joseph & F. Milton Cashmore & Partners
NOTES: This was one the six office towers constructed between 1957 and 1976 which, together with the Museum of London, formed the western flank of the London Wall development. It was extensively refurbished by Sheppard Robson International in 2000 and renamed CityPoint. The designers in charge of the special, i.e. prestigious, areas of the original interiors were from the Design Research Unit.

The Times newspaper offices, Printing House Square, Queen Victoria Street, City of London: detail of light fitting

RIBA121237
Llewelyn-Davies Weeks & Partners
NOTES: Llewelyn-Davies Weeks & Partners were the consultant architects and Ellis Clarke & Gallanaugh the executive architects on the project. The Times moved out in 1974 and the building has been extensively refurbished.

Unilever House, Blackfriars, City of London: staircase leading to the lower floors

RIBA121264
Lomax-Simpson, James (1882-1977)
NOTES: James Lomax-Simpson joined Lever Brothers in 1910 as company architect. Unilever House, originally called Lever House, was designed by Lomax-Simpson in conjunction with Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners and built 1930-1932. In 1982 architect Theo Crosby of Pentagram carried out a refurbishment of the offices on the eighth floor, using the original Art Deco fittings as inspiration, to create a synthesis of Art Deco, Frank Lloyd Wright and Dutch Expressionism.

Unilever House, Blackfriars, City of London: the light fittings and columns

RIBA121265
Lomax-Simpson, James (1882-1977)
NOTES: James Lomax-Simpson joined Lever Brothers in 1910 as company architect. Unilever House, originally called Lever House, was designed by Lomax-Simpson in conjunction with Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners and built 1930-1932. In 1982 architect Theo Crosby of Pentagram carried out a refurbishment of the offices on the eighth floor, using the original Art Deco fittings as inspiration, to create a synthesis of Art Deco, Frank Lloyd Wright and Dutch Expressionism.

Offices for J. Sainsbury, Stamford House, Blackfriars, London: detail of lighting fixture

RIBA121660
Ward & Austin
NOTES: The offices for J. Sainsbury occupied a small bay on the fourth floor of Stamford House.

Bowring House office development, Tower Place, Tower Hill, London: looking east along the south side of the lower blocks at podium level

RIBA121813
George Trew Dunn
NOTES: This development, sited west of the Tower of London and north of Lower Thames Street consists of offices, shops, restaurant and a public house. The external light fittings were designed by the architects.

Textile House, Gordon Square, Westminster, London: the entrance hall

RIBA121865
Jeeves, Stanley Gordon (1887 or 8-1964)
NOTES: Textile House was built for R. M. C. Textiles (1928) Ltd.

Doyle Dane Bernbach advertising agency, Baker Street, London: the executive office area on the first floor

RIBA121928
Walker Wright & Schofield
NOTES: This was an interior alteration to an existing building.
)
CLOSE