Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Lamps, lighting fixtures

View as Grid List
Sort by

Dining Hall, Felsted School, Felsted, Essex

RIBA134521
Nicholas Hare Architects
NOTES: See RIBA134507 for a black and white version of this image.

Dining Hall, Felsted School, Felsted, Essex

RIBA134522
Nicholas Hare Architects
NOTES: See RIBA134508 for a black and white version of this image.

Liverpool Central Library: the main staircase

RIBA135264
Austin-Smith Lord
NOTES The Central Library, Liverpool (aka the William Brown Library) and Museum were built 1860, designed by John Weightman. Badly bombed in 1941, they were rebuilt behind the facade, reopening in 1961. This has all been demolished and a new library inserted behind the facade by Austin-Smith Lord. But the circular domed library, known as the Picton Reading Room (1879) which survived the bombing has been preserved in the new structure.

Liverpool Central Library: the domed ceiling of the old reading room

RIBA135266
Austin-Smith Lord
NOTES The Central Library, Liverpool (aka the William Brown Library) and Museum were built 1860, designed by John Weightman. Badly bombed in 1941, they were rebuilt behind the facade, reopening in 1961. This has all been demolished and a new library inserted behind the facade by Austin-Smith Lord. But the circular domed library, known as the Picton Reading Room (1879) which survived the bombing has been preserved in the new structure, as seen here.

Liverpool Central Library: the domed ceiling of the old reading room

RIBA135267
Austin-Smith Lord
NOTES The Central Library, Liverpool (aka the William Brown Library) and Museum were built 1860, designed by John Weightman. Badly bombed in 1941, they were rebuilt behind the facade, reopening in 1961. This has all been demolished and a new library inserted behind the facade by Austin-Smith Lord. But the circular domed library, known as the Picton Reading Room (1879) which survived the bombing has been preserved in the new structure, as seen here.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge: detail of the lamps on the choir stalls

RIBA136628
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century.
)
CLOSE