NOTES: Commissioned by the 3rd Earl Grosvenor (later the 1st Duke of Westminster from 1874), this lavish mansion was designed to display his enormous wealth. It comprised 150 bedrooms, massive stables, huge kennels and a chapel. Deemed too costly and large to maintain by the trustees of the Westminster estate, the mansion was demolished in 1961, leaving only the chapel and the stable block. A smaller house was built on the edge of the footprint of the old building in 1967.
NOTES: St Pancras Station opened in 1868 while the hotel, also known as the Midland Grand Hotel, opened in 1874. The latter was built for the eponymous railway company to receive travellers through the adjacent St Pancras Station. It was converted into offices in 1935.