Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Insignia, emblems

View as Grid List
Sort by

Shire Hall, Bedford Magistates Court, , St Paul's Square, Bedford: the Victorian Royal coat of arms

RIBA152052
Waterhouse, Alfred (1830-1905)
NOTES: Former Assize Courts and Shire Hall, built in two phases fronting the river between 1878 and 1881 and St Paul’s Square between 1881 and 1883 to designs by Alfred Waterhouse for the County and Assize Courts; extended in 1899, 1905, 1910 and 1926, now Magistrates’ Courts.

Former County Court and remains of castle, Castle View, Leicester: detail of the judge's chair with the royal coat of arms

RIBA152356
NOTES: The front is dated 1692, but the building incorporates an 11th or12th century Great Hall, which has been converted into a modern Assize Court. Although much altered the hall was originally aisled, 84 ft by 58 ft and said to be the oldest surviving aisled and bay-divided hall in Europe. The timber roof is possibly 14th century. It is now part of De Monfort University Business School.

Former Court House (Town Hall), Market Place, St Albans: panel with the Royal coat of arms above

RIBA152481
Smith, George (1782-1869)
NOTES: Town Hall and former court house, it was converted into a museum and art gallery in 2016-2018 by John McAslan & Partners.

Linley Sambourne House, 18 Stafford Terrace, Kensington, London: detail of carved panel with coat of arms

RIBA153312
Morris & Company Limited
NOTES: House built 1858-1860, but the interior was remodelled for the leading cartoonist and illustrator for Punch Magazine, Edward Linley Sambourne (1844-1910) and his wife Marion from 1874. Many of the furnishings came from Morris & Co. Ltd. The house was inherited through marriage from the Linley Sambourne's granddaughter Anne to the 6th Earl of Rosse. In 1978 the house was offered to the nation.

Burghley House, Stamford: detail of clock tower with the Royal coat of arms

RIBA155127
NOTES: See RIBA148125 for a black and white version of this image.

Mary Ward Settlement (Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings), Tavistock Place, London: detail of library door plate with the monogram of Thomas Hill Green

RIBA155154
Smith & Brewer
NOTES: The Mary Ward Settlement (originally known as the Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings) was founded in the 1890s by Mary Augusta Ward under the financial patronage of John Passmore Edwards. It aimed to provide facilities to 'improve the the religious, moral, intellectual or physical well-being of the people of London' and was also notable for housing the first fully equipped classrooms for children with disabilities. See RIBA134800 for a black and white version of this image.

Burton Agnes Hall, Yorkshire: detail of the outer arch

RIBA155962
Smythson, Robert (c. 1535-1614)
NOTES: See RIBA148135 for a black an white version of this image.

Forthampton Court, Tewkesbury: detail of the library overmantel designed by Webb

RIBA157048
Webb, Philip Speakman (1831-1915)
NOTES: Originally a residence for the abbots of Tewkesbury dating from the 12th-16th centuries. It was remodelled by Philip Webb in 1889-1891, with further modifications in 1913 and 1958. The small heraldic panel was carved by George Jack and gilded by Kate Faulkner. See RIBA151130 for a black and white version of this image.

18 and 20 Market Place (former Red Lion Inn), Blandford Forum

RIBA157217
Bastard, John (c.1688-1770)
NOTES: See RIBA148740 for a black and white version of this image.

Casa de la Obra Pia, Calles Obra Pia, Havana: detail of the coat of arms of the Castellon family above the entrance

RIBA157881
NOTES: The house dates from 1648, it was enlarged in 1657 and was later remodelled in 1793. Nicolas Castellon inherited the house from Don Martin Calvo de la Puerta in 1685 and the coat of arms dates from that time. See RIBA146235 for a black and white version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of monument to the second Earl of Rutland, showing the family coat of arms

RIBA158346
Parker, Richard
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the second Earl is 1563, possibly by Parker. See RIBA148105 for a black and white version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of coat of arms atop the monument to the sixth Earl of Rutland

RIBA158350
Johnson, Nicholas
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the sixth Earl is 1632 by Nicholas Johnson. See RIBA148109 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE