Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Insignia, emblems

View as Grid List
Sort by

Manor House, East Barsham, Norfolk: detail of the gateway with the builder's coat of arms

RIBA136543
Page, John
NOTES: Prior to the early 20th century the house was known as Wolterton Manor. It was built in the 1520s by Sir Henry Fermor whose coat of arms are on the gatehouse. The house fell into ruin in the 18th century and remained so until the first restoration in 1922. This was done by the architect John Page of Holtom & Page, who then went on to substantially reconstruct the Manor in 1936-1938.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge: detail of cartouche with coat of arms

RIBA136598
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century.

Saint Peter and Saint Paul Lavenham, Suffolk: detail of carved stonework at dado level showing various shields

RIBA137649
Caroe, William Douglas (1857-1938)
NOTES: The church was built between 1486-1525; the tower dates from 1486-1495, with the upper parts constructed as part of the second building campaign 1517-1525. The interior of the church was restored by by F. C. Penrose in 1861-1867 with further repairs and reordering by W. D. Caroe; 1909-1910.

Saint Peter and Saint Paul Lavenham, Suffolk: detail of carved stonework at dado level

RIBA137651
Caroe, William Douglas (1857-1938)
NOTES: The church was built between 1486-1525; the tower dates from 1486-1495, with the upper parts constructed as part of the second building campaign 1517-1525. The interior of the church was restored by by F. C. Penrose in 1861-1867 with further repairs and reordering by W. D. Caroe; 1909-1910.

Trinity Hall Chapel, Cambridge: the ceiling decorated with coats of arms

RIBA138227
NOTES: The chapel, originally dates from 1366, although only consecrated in 1513. It was modernised in 1729-1730, and much of the plaster decoration dates from this period.

Casa de la Obra Pia, Calles Obra Pia, Havana: detail of the coat of arms of the Castellon family above the entrance

RIBA146235
NOTES: The house dates from 1648, it was enlarged in 1657 and was later remodelled in 1793. Nicolas Castellon inherited the house from Don Martin Calvo de la Puerta in 1685 and the coat of arms dates from that time. See RIBA157881 for a colour version of this image.

London Edinburgh & Glasgow Assurance Company Limited head office, Euston Square, London: the fireplace in the entrance hall with the coats of arms of the cities of Edinburgh, Glasgow and London

RIBA146810
Pite, Arthur Beresford (1861-1934)
NOTES: Pite designed the original building in 1906 with later extensions, in 1913 and 1924.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of monument to the second Earl of Rutland, showing the family coat of arms

RIBA148105
Parker, Richard
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the second Earl is 1563, possibly by Parker. See RIBA158346 for a colour version of this image.

Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford, Leicestershire: detail of coat of arms atop the monument to the sixth Earl of Rutland

RIBA148109
Johnson, Nicholas
NOTES: The church dates back to the 13th century, but was altered in the 14th century and over the subsqequent centuries. The west tower and spire were completely rebuilt in 1876. The chancel was rebuilt in the 16th century to accommodate the monuments of the Manners family (seen here), the Earls and Dukes of Rutland. The monument to the sixth Earl is 1632 by Nicholas Johnson. See RIBA158350 for a colour version of this image.

Burton Agnes Hall, Yorkshire: detail of the outer arch

RIBA148135
Smythson, Robert (c. 1535-1614)
NOTES: See RIBA155962 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE