Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Insignia, emblems

View as Grid List
Sort by

Two designs for arms

RIBA127118
Gentilhatre, Jacques (b. 1578)

Incomplete manuscript of an unpublished treatise on architecture by Joseph Gandy (The Art, Philiosophy and Science of Architecture): title page

RIBA127196
Gandy, Joseph Michael (1771-1843)
NOTES: A monumental work of over 2500 pages covering a multitude of topics from the art, science, history and philosophy of architecture to astrology, furniture, heraldry, hieroglyphics, painting, perspective drawing and sculpture.

Incomplete manuscript of an unpublished treatise on architecture by Joseph Gandy (The Art, Philiosophy and Science of Architecture): page headed 'The Moderns may use abreviated marks as follow'

RIBA127197
Gandy, Joseph Michael (1771-1843)
NOTES: A monumental work of over 2500 pages covering a multitude of topics from the art, science, history and philosophy of architecture to astrology, furniture, heraldry, hieroglyphics, painting, perspective drawing and sculpture.

Mary Ward Settlement (Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings), Tavistock Place, London: detail of the fireplace in the library with the monogram of Thomas Hill Green and date 1898

RIBA134784
Smith & Brewer
NOTES: The Mary Ward Settlement (originally known as the Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings) was founded in the 1890s by Mary Augusta Ward under the financial patronage of John Passmore Edwards. It aimed to provide facilities to 'improve the the religious, moral, intellectual or physical well-being of the people of London' and was also notable for housing the first fully equipped classrooms for children with disabilities. The library was dedicated to Thomas Hill Green (1836-1882), philosopher, whose writings influenced Mary Ward. See RIBA86192 for a photoprint of this image.

Mary Ward Settlement (Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings), Tavistock Place, London: detail of library door plate with the monogram of Thomas Hill Green

RIBA134800
Smith & Brewer
NOTES: The Mary Ward Settlement (originally known as the Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings) was founded in the 1890s by Mary Augusta Ward under the financial patronage of John Passmore Edwards. It aimed to provide facilities to 'improve the the religious, moral, intellectual or physical well-being of the people of London' and was also notable for housing the first fully equipped classrooms for children with disabilities. The library was dedicated to Thomas Hill Green (1836-1882), philosopher, whose writings influenced Mary Ward. See RIBA86191 for a photoprint of this image. See RIBA 155154 for a colour version of this image

Church of St Margaret of Antioch, Cley-next-the-Sea, Norfolk: the porch showing details of carved shields

RIBA136484
NOTES: The church dates from the 14th and 15th centuries. The north-west tower, nave and south aisles are intact, but the north and south transepts are in ruins with just the side walls standing.

Manor House, East Barsham, Norfolk: detail of the gateway with the builder's coat of arms

RIBA136543
Page, John
NOTES: Prior to the early 20th century the house was known as Wolterton Manor. It was built in the 1520s by Sir Henry Fermor whose coat of arms are on the gatehouse. The house fell into ruin in the 18th century and remained so until the first restoration in 1922. This was done by the architect John Page of Holtom & Page, who then went on to substantially reconstruct the Manor in 1936-1938.

Peterhouse Chapel, Cambridge: detail of cartouche with coat of arms

RIBA136598
NOTES: The chapel was begun in 1628 under the aegis of Sir Christopher Wren's uncle Matthew Wren. It was consecrated in 1632, but has subsequent alterations including the refacing of the east (street) and west (court) elevations in the mid 17th century.
)
CLOSE