Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Insignia, emblems

View as Grid List
Sort by

Cottages, Buscot, Oxfordshire, with date 1894 and initial AH in the gable

RIBA102610
Ernest George & Peto
NOTES: Buscot was a model village designed by George & Peto for the owner of Buscot Park, Alexander Henderson, a financier, engineer and amateur painter, who was created Baron Faringdon in 1916. The village included cottages, a forge and a community room (parish hall). The village was laid out between 1892-1897.

Shaw family tomb, Hampstead churchyard, London, after restoration

RIBA102672
Newton, Ernest (1856-1922)
NOTES: The tomb was designed by Ernest Newton and executed by Laurence Turner and the inscriptions transferred from the earlier tomb that Shaw had erected for his brother some fifty years earlier. The tomb was restored by Cliveden Conservation in 2009.

Shaw family tomb, Hampstead churchyard, London, after restoration

RIBA102673
Newton, Ernest (1856-1922)
NOTES: The tomb was designed by Ernest Newton and executed by Laurence Turner and the inscriptions transferred from the earlier tomb that Shaw had erected for his brother some fifty years earlier. The tomb was restored by Cliveden Conservation in 2009.

Shaw family tomb, Hampstead churchyard, London, after restoration

RIBA102674
Newton, Ernest (1856-1922)
NOTES: The tomb was designed by Ernest Newton and executed by Laurence Turner and the inscriptions transferred from the earlier tomb that Shaw had erected for his brother some fifty years earlier. The tomb was restored by Cliveden Conservation in 2009.

Edgeworth Manor, Gloucestershire: the main entrance with coat of arms above the door

RIBA102697
Ernest George & Yeates
NOTES: This was an extensive remodelling of a largely late 17th century house, which had been added to in 1880-1881 by the local architect Capel N. Tripp. George & Yeates remodelled the old central portion and added a new south wing, leaving the north wing, tower, dining room, ante-room and billiard room intact.

Edgeworth Manor, Gloucestershire: the main entrance with coat of arms above the door

RIBA102702
Ernest George & Yeates
NOTES: This was an extensive remodelling of a largely late 17th century house, which had been added to in 1880-1881 by the local architect Capel N. Tripp. George & Yeates remodelled the old central portion and added a new south wing, leaving the north wing, tower, dining room, ante-room and billiard room intact.

39 Harrington Gardens, South Kensington, London: detail of doorcase with coat of arms

RIBA102865
Ernest George & Peto
NOTES: No. 39 was the home of the composer W. S. Gilbert of Gilbert & Sullivan, who commissioned Ernest George & Peto in 1882

House in the former All Saints Church, Old Church Hill, Langdon Hills, Basildon, Essex

RIBA104192
Trevor Dannatt & Partners
NOTES: The church of All Saints dates back to the 16th century, but the west wall, timber belfry and spire were rebuilt in 1841-1842 by T. B. Crowest of Billericay, who also inserted the west gallery. The north chapel was rebuilt in 1834 by Roger Talbot of Romford. The church closed in 1973 and was converted into a dwelling by Colin Dollimore of Trevor Dannatt & Partners with Roger Coombs.

House in the former All Saints Church, Old Church Hill, Langdon Hills, Basildon, Essex

RIBA104193
Trevor Dannatt & Partners
NOTES: The church of All Saints dates back to the 16th century, but the west wall, timber belfry and spire were rebuilt in 1841-1842 by T. B. Crowest of Billericay, who also inserted the west gallery. The north chapel was rebuilt in 1834 by Roger Talbot of Romford. The church closed in 1973 and was converted into a dwelling by Colin Dollimore of Trevor Dannatt & Partners with Roger Coombs.

Voysey coat of arms bookplate

RIBA105396
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: This bookplate was used in Voysey's copy of Allan Cunningham, Lives of eminent British painters with an introduction by William Sharp (London, 1886).

Woodcut design for the RIBA Journal cover badge

RIBA106283
Gill, Eric (1882-1940)
NOTES: This is a photograph of a drawing.
Close
)
CLOSE