NOTES: The Villa Cavrois was designed by Robert Mallet-Stevens in 1929-1932 for the wealthy industrialist Paul Cavrois. Remodelled in 1947 by Pierre Barbe, it was converted into three flats. In 1985 it had fallen into disrepair and by 2001 it was a virtual ruin, when it was bought by the state for a nominal sum of 1 euro, along with part of the grounds. Since then, there has been an extensive programme to restore the house back to its original 1932 form, under the supervison of Michel Goutal, Chief Architect of the Centre des Monuments Nationaux. This was completed in 2015, when the villa was opened to the public.