Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Heating and ventilating

View as Grid List
Sort by

Challenge House (formerly Sherwood), Bletchley, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire: detail of the low-level radiators

RIBA123258
Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).

Designs for the Moriah Chapel (Moreia Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel), Llanystumdwy, Gwynedd: plans and section for warm air heating

RIBA127306
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)
NOTES: The original chapel was built in 1866 and was replaced in 1936, following a fire, by this design by Williams-Ellis. It is listed Grade II by CBHC/RCAHMW. Unused for several years there are plans for it to be converted into a house.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: detail of the east portico with the main air inlet in the foreground

RIBA130466
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: view of the underside (soffit) of the barrel vault of the great hall at the north end

RIBA130479
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. Behind the decorative grilles which form some of the panels of the vault are hollow bricks which provide the ventilation outlets. Also in the arch immediately above the organ are five large grilles and further ventilation outlets behind the rosettes in the coffers of the soffit. See RIBA130490 for a colour version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: view of the underside (soffit) of the barrel vault of the great hall at the north end

RIBA130490
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. Behind the decorative grilles which form some of the panels of the vault are hollow bricks which provide the ventilation outlets. Also in the arch immediately above the organ are five large grilles and further ventilation outlets behind the rosettes in the coffers of the soffit. See RIBA130479 for a black and whiter version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: the top lit Civil Court with its coved ceiling

RIBA130498
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. The square panels in the coved ceiling and the continuous wooden cornice above the columns conceal outlet vents for heating and ventilation. Suspended from the ceiling are gasoliers.

Farnborough College of Technology, Farnborough, Hampshire

RIBA130949
Hampshire County Council. County Architects Department

Solid State Logic HQ, Begbroke, Oxfordshire: detail of heating and ventilation

RIBA134131
Michael Hopkins & Partners
NOTES: The offices designed by Michael Hopkins are located in the grounds of a former convent school / country house. The administration, sales and marketing are located in the old house.
Close
)
CLOSE