Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Heating and ventilating

View as Grid List
Sort by

Bowring House office development, Tower Place, Tower Hill, London: the public concourse with parking garage ventilation shaft

RIBA121822
George Trew Dunn
NOTES: This development, sited west of the Tower of London and north of Lower Thames Street consists of offices, shops, restaurant and a public house.

Headquarters for the English Electric Company, Aldwych, London: the plant room in the lower basement

RIBA121863
Adams Holden & Pearson
NOTES: The offices were built on the site of the Gaiety Theatre, which was demolished in 1956. Adams Holden & Pearson were commissioned to produce a design in 1957, following a limited competiton held in 1955, which had been won by Sir John Burnet Tait & Partners (but not built).

New Zealand House, Haymarket, London: detail of ventilation grill

RIBA122398
Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners

Designs for the Moriah Chapel (Moreia Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel), Llanystumdwy, Gwynedd: plans and section for warm air heating

RIBA127306
Williams-Ellis, Sir Clough (1883-1978)
NOTES: The original chapel was built in 1866 and was replaced in 1936, following a fire, by this design by Williams-Ellis. It is listed Grade II by CBHC/RCAHMW. Unused for several years there are plans for it to be converted into a house.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: detail of the east portico with the main air inlet in the foreground

RIBA130466
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: view of the underside (soffit) of the barrel vault of the great hall at the north end

RIBA130479
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. Behind the decorative grilles which form some of the panels of the vault are hollow bricks which provide the ventilation outlets. Also in the arch immediately above the organ are five large grilles and further ventilation outlets behind the rosettes in the coffers of the soffit. See RIBA130490 for a colour version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: view of the underside (soffit) of the barrel vault of the great hall at the north end

RIBA130490
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. Behind the decorative grilles which form some of the panels of the vault are hollow bricks which provide the ventilation outlets. Also in the arch immediately above the organ are five large grilles and further ventilation outlets behind the rosettes in the coffers of the soffit. See RIBA130479 for a black and whiter version of this image.
)
CLOSE