Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Health facilities

View as Grid List
Sort by

Hardwicke House and Baths, Abbey Road, Elmsdale, Great Malvern, Worcestershire

RIBA31366
NOTES: Hardwicke House was built by the physician James Loftus Marsden M.D. as a centre for those seeking the health benefits of Malvern's spring waters. It was equipped with the newest innovations in 'electro-chemical' and Turkish baths.

MacIntyre Home, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

RIBA34712
Cullinan, Edward (1931-)
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). This MacIntyre Home features an in-house bakery and public coffee shop staffed by the home's residents with learning disabilities.

National Institute of Medical Research, Mill Hill, London

RIBA44709
Maxwell Ayrton & Partners
NOTES: Work on these headquarters began in 1938. The carcass of the main building was completed in 1942, when it was lent to the Admiralty during World War II for occupation by the WRNS (Women's Royal Naval Service). Work recommenced in 1946 and the building was completed in 1950.

National Institute of Medical Research, Mill Hill, London: the library seen from the gallery

RIBA44710
Maxwell Ayrton & Partners
NOTES: Work on these headquarters began in 1938. The carcass of the main building was completed in 1942, when it was lent to the Admiralty during World War II for occupation by the WRNS (Women's Royal Naval Service). Work recommenced in 1946 and the building was completed in 1950.

National Institute of Medical Research, Mill Hill, London: the library

RIBA44711
Maxwell Ayrton & Partners
NOTES: Work on these headquarters began in 1938. The carcass of the main building was completed in 1942, when it was lent to the Admiralty during World War II for occupation by the WRNS (Women's Royal Naval Service). Work recommenced in 1946 and the building was completed in 1950.

National Institute of Medical Research, Mill Hill, London: scientists at work in one of the many laboratories

RIBA44712
Maxwell Ayrton & Partners
NOTES: Work on these headquarters began in 1938. The carcass of the main building was completed in 1942, when it was lent to the Admiralty during World War II for occupation by the WRNS (Women's Royal Naval Service). Work recommenced in 1946 and the building was completed in 1950.

National Institute of Medical Research, Mill Hill, London: the canteen

RIBA44713
Maxwell Ayrton & Partners
NOTES: Work on these headquarters began in 1938. The carcass of the main building was completed in 1942, when it was lent to the Admiralty during World War II for occupation by the WRNS (Women's Royal Naval Service). Work recommenced in 1946 and the building was completed in 1950.

Temple of San Rocco in the internal courtyard of the Lazzaretto, Ancona

RIBA49580
Vanvitelli, Luigi (1700-1773)
NOTES: A lazzaretto or lazaret is a quarantine station for maritime travellers, the first being established in Venice in 1403 on Santa Maria di Nazareth, an island on the Venetian lagoon.
Close
)
CLOSE