NOTES: Katz & Vaughan designed the Homes and Gardens Pavilion while Peter Shepheard was responsible for the landscaping of the piazza. The Shot Tower, designed by David Riddal Roper, was built for Thomas Maltby & Company in 1826 and remained in use for the production of lead shot balls until 1949, after which it was incorporated into the scheme for the 1951 Festival of Britain on the South Bank of the River Thames. In 1950 the top of the tower was removed and a steel-framed superstructure was added instead, providing a radio beacon for the duration of the Festival. It was demolished after the Festival to make way for the Queen Elizabeth Hall, which opened in 1967.
NOTES: The Rocket Cafe is at the end of the Fairway with, on the right, the entrance screen between the Fairway piazza and York Road with administrative offices behind the Fairway Cafe and Information Kiosk at ground level (architects Architects' Co-Partnership).
NOTES: The Transport Pavilion was designed by ARCON; the People of Britain Pavilion was designed by Cadbury-Brown and engineered by F. J. Samuely, and the London County Council were responsible for the Royal Festival Hall.