Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Hard landscaping

View as Grid List
Sort by

Municipal offices, Earl Street, Coventry

RIBA76032
Coventry City Architects Department

Town centre, Burslem, Staffordshire: the car park area planted with white thorn

RIBA76036
Black, Sir Misha (1910-1977)
NOTES: Burslem was chosen in 1958 by the Civic Trust for its second pilot experiment in civic design (the first being Magdalen Street, Norwich) for the rehabilitation of a run down city centre. The consultant architect was Misha Black who produced a scheme in collaboration with Anthony Wilkinson, John Piggott, the City Architect and James Plant the Reconstruction Officer, for a planned pedestrian area to include, a car park, lavatory and a seating area.

Town centre, Burslem, Staffordshire: the garden area with seat shelter and demountable bandstand to the left

RIBA76037
Black, Sir Misha (1910-1977)
NOTES: Burslem was chosen in 1958 by the Civic Trust for its second pilot experiment in civic design (the first being Magdalen Street, Norwich) for the rehabilitation of a run down city centre. The consultant architect was Misha Black who produced a scheme in collaboration with Anthony Wilkinson, John Piggott, the City Architect and James Plant the Reconstruction Officer, for a planned pedestrian area to include, a car park, lavatory and a seating area.

Civic Centre, Princess Street, Plymouth

RIBA76079
Jellicoe Ballantyne & Coleridge

Halton Brook local centre (phase 1), Boston Avenue, Runcorn, Cheshire

RIBA76085
Roche, Fred Lloyd (1931-1992)
NOTES: This scheme comprised 28 flats and 4 shops.

Commonwealth Institute, Kensington, London: the entrance bridge over the ornamental lake

RIBA76146
Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners
NOTES: The Institute vacated these premises in 2002.

Montgomery Lines barracks, Aldershot, Hampshire: the Regimental Headquarters Building

RIBA76165
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: Built on the site of the former Stanhope Lines barracks, the Montgomery Lines are comprised of four barracks that were designed to house the 16th Parachute Brigade. They were officially opened in 1965.

Montgomery Lines barracks, Aldershot, Hampshire: detail of the different concrete finishes and hard landscaping in the junior ranks' club courtyard

RIBA76168
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: Built on the site of the former Stanhope Lines barracks, the Montgomery Lines are comprised of four barracks that were designed to house the 16th Parachute Brigade. They were officially opened in 1965.

Civic Centre, St Albans, Hertfordshire: the garden court with the health centre on the right and the law courts at the rear

RIBA76182
Fardell, Geoffrey Charles (1910-2001)
NOTES: Frederick Gibberd was the consultant planner for the civic centre, which comprised a city hall, law courts, municipal offices, police station, health centre, library and shops and offices. It was begun in 1957 and not completed until 1968.
Close
)
CLOSE