NOTES: Peterlee New Town in County Durham was founded in 1948. The Peterlee Development Corporation, established that year under the direction of A. V. Williams, was responsible for its development over several decades. R. J. A. Gazzard was the chief architect responsible for this phase of the development while Daniel, Dixon were responsible for the design of the housing and Pasmore for the landscaping.
NOTES: Harlow New Town, together with the London orbital developments of Basildon, Stevenage and Hemel Hempstead, was built after World War II to ease overcrowding in London. The masterplan for the town was drawn up by Frederick Gibberd in 1947. It is notable for being the location of the first pedestrian precinct and first residential tower block in Britain.