Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Halls

View as Grid List
Sort by

Oaklands Infant School, Barnet, Hertfordshire: the assembly hall

RIBA15821
Architects Co-Partnership
NOTES: This photograph comes from the archive of Sir Anthony Wakefield Cox (1915-1993). The mural was painted by Fred Millett

Margaret Wix Primary School, St Albans, Hertfordshire: the hall and play area

RIBA15822
Architects Co-Partnership
NOTES: This photograph comes from the archive of Sir Anthony Wakefield Cox (1915-1993).

Casita del Labrador, Jardin del Principe, Aranjuez: the Sculpture Hall

RIBA15915
Dugourc, J. D. (1749-1825)
NOTES: This building, undertaken by Carlos IV, is located in the heart of the 'Jardin del Principe' within the grounds of the Royal Palace. It was designed by Juan de Villanueva while the interiors were the work of J. D. Dugourc.

Casita del Labrador, Jardin del Principe, Aranjuez: the Sculpture Hall

RIBA15916
Dugourc, J. D. (1749-1825)
NOTES: This building, undertaken by Carlos IV, is located in the heart of the 'Jardin del Principe' within the grounds of the Royal Palace. It was designed by Juan de Villanueva while the interiors were the work of J. D. Dugourc.

Casa de Pilatos, Seville: the principal room on the first floor

RIBA15927
NOTES: The first Marquis of Tarifa had this house built on his return from a Grand Tour of Europe and the Holy Land in 1518. It became known as Casa de Pilatos because it was thought to resemble Pontius Pilate's home in Jerusalem. It is regarded as the prototype of an Andalusian palace.

Residenz, Wurzburg: the Garden Hall (Gartensaal)

RIBA15935
Hildebrandt, Johann Lucas von (1668-1745)
NOTES: Built in 1719-1744 as the palace of the Prince-Bishops of the Schonberg family to plans of Balthasar Neuman, which were modified by Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt and Maximilian von Welsch.

Schloss Weissenstein, Pommersfelden, Bavaria: the entrance doors to the Mirror Hall (Spiegelkabinett)

RIBA15953
Hildebrandt, Johann Lucas von (1668-1745)
NOTES: This palatial country house was designed as a summer residence for the Prince-Bishop Lothar Franz von Schonburg (1655-1729) by Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt and built in 1711-1718.

Schloss Sanssouci, Potsdam: close-up of the dome, cornice and corthinian columns in the white and gold oval Marble Hall (Marmosaal)

RIBA15964
Knobelsdorff, Georg Wenzeslaus von (1699-1753)
NOTES: Sanssouci was the summer palace of Frederick the Great, King of Prussia. Built above a terraced vineyard in 1745-1747, it is essentially a single-storey villa, containing ten principal rooms. The Marble Hall, completed in 1749, was designed as the principal reception room and was used by Frederick as an informal dining room.

Hall / winter garden, Ambassade Francaise, Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, Paris 1925

RIBA16463
Mallet-Stevens, Robert (1886-1945)
SOURCE: Une Ambassade Francaise (Paris, 1925), pl. XLVI NOTES: The Ambassade Francaise was organised by the Societe des Artistes Decorateurs for the Exposition Internationale des Arts Decoratifs et Industriels Modernes, Paris 1925, and consisted of twenty-five rooms arranged around a three-sided court.

Wollaton Hall, Wollaton, Nottinghamshire: the hall

RIBA16502
Smythson, Robert (c. 1535-1614)
SOURCE: Constantin Uhde. Baudenkmaler in Grossbritannien (Berlin, 1894), vol. II, pl. 143

Stokesay Castle, Shropshire: the great hall and south tower with the gatehouse in the right background

RIBA16774
SOURCE: Samuel and Nathaniel Buck, Views. 7th set. Shropshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire, and Herefordshire (London, 1732), pl. 10 NOTES: Completed at the end of the 13th century by the wool merchant, Lawrence of Ludlow, this is an important example of one of the earliest fortified houses of England. The Jacobean gatehouse was added in 1640.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE